• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Migrating V7 Collections To V8 Albums

richardcouillard

Question

I have catalogued many videos and pictures in Easy Media Creator 7 and have recently installed Easy Media Creator V8. How can I import /migrate the collection information (keywords & attributes) to the version 8 Albums since collections no longer exist in version 8? I have many video's (mpegs) stored on DVD with all the catalog information in version 7. I would certanly not want to lose all that information or have to re-enter it all again in version 8.

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

:)

After 2.5 months of waiting for a response to my trouble ticket, I have finally been advised that migrating information from EMC7 to EMC8 is NOT SUPPORTED. This means that if you spend alot of time entering keywords and attributees to your pictures, video's and files, setting up collections, or archiving files onto external media such as DVD's, all that will be lost if you upgrade to EMC8. This is HORRIBLE and not something I would have expected from a company like Roxio. I am not simply venting here. The importance to this is whenever EMC7 is no longer supported and you are forced to upgrade, all the file organization work you did in EMC7 wil be lost. This is huge as it takes many hours/days/weeks to enter all that data. I will be returning the product and seeking to purchase another from a company that supports upgrading.

Just a couple comments, and not disagreeing with you in any way.

You can keep EMC 7 installed while running EMC 8.

Roxio has never supported backward compatibility. :huh: This goes all the way back to the Adaptec days when ECDC 4 wouldn't support project files from ECDC 3, and all the way from version to version through today. I have argued this point with every release, even though I rarely re-use project information.

:)

I have catalogued many videos and pictures in Easy Media Creator 7 and have recently installed Easy Media Creator V8. How can I import /migrate the collection information (keywords & attributes) to the version 8 Albums since collections no longer exist in version 8? I have many video's (mpegs) stored on DVD with all the catalog information in version 7. I would certanly not want to lose all that information or have to re-enter it all again in version 8.

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

After 2.5 months of waiting for a response to my trouble ticket, I have finally been advised that migrating information from EMC7 to EMC8 is NOT SUPPORTED. This means that if you spend alot of time entering keywords and attributees to your pictures, video's and files, setting up collections, or archiving files onto external media such as DVD's, all that will be lost if you upgrade to EMC8. This is HORRIBLE and not something I would have expected from a company like Roxio. I am not simply venting here. The importance to this is whenever EMC7 is no longer supported and you are forced to upgrade, all the file organization work you did in EMC7 wil be lost. This is huge as it takes many hours/days/weeks to enter all that data. I will be returning the product and seeking to purchase another from a company that supports upgrading.

Archived