Norton Anti-Virus & Windows Media Player

joe doc

Question

8 answers to this question

Oh that wasn't aimed at you Walt - just this bit in the post you replied to:

"So when I was told that Norton's was causing problems, I uninstalled it from my computer, and from the advice given to me, I beleive on these boards, went and downloads AVG."

I've read some posts that say these two applications are not good to be using. Is this for EMC9 or just in general?

Drag To Disc had problems with DAO and Nortons. SO when I was told that Norton's was causing problems, I Uninstalled it from my computer, and from the advice given to me, I beleive on these boards, went and downloads AVG. It is FREE and has daily updates and doesn't cuz my systme to slow down. I am bothered by the Total system scan that seems to occur at every turn on, but that is small. All my Software is working pretty darn good now.

Media Player 11 if you go to the Microsoft NEwsgroups, you will find has a ot of problems and alot of Unhappy Campers, same with IE ver 7. Sometimes, trying to stay with the latest will cause conflict with older firmware, drivers and codecs.

Norton AV doesn't cause any problems - it's Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup that has been causing 'your trial version has expired' to come up on purchased installations

Media Player 11 - I prefer to avoid. It causes problems on earlier versions, but it is also very tight on DRM (more so than any earlier version)

Drag To Disc had problems with DAO and Nortons. SO when I was told that Norton's was causing problems, I Uninstalled it from my computer, and from the advice given to me, I beleive on these boards, went and downloads AVG. It is FREE and has daily updates and doesn't cuz my systme to slow down. I am bothered by the Total system scan that seems to occur at every turn on, but that is small. All my Software is working pretty darn good now.

Media Player 11 if you go to the Microsoft NEwsgroups, you will find has a ot of problems and alot of Unhappy Campers, same with IE ver 7. Sometimes, trying to stay with the latest will cause conflict with older firmware, drivers and codecs.

Why don't you simply disable the scan at startup using the scheduler?

I'm beginning to feel that I should tattoo this on my forehead Walt, I've said it that often:

Norton Anti Virus does NOT repeat NOT do a thing to EMC

It's the ONE BUTTON CHECKUP in UTILITIES!!!!!

:blink: My response was related to the AVG scan that the wingwiper mentioned, it had nothing to do with Norton or EMC

Norton AV doesn't cause any problems - it's Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup that has been causing 'your trial version has expired' to come up on purchased installations

Media Player 11 - I prefer to avoid. It causes problems on earlier versions, but it is also very tight on DRM (more so than any earlier version)

this is the fix..I got it from support..when you get the "trial version has expired" message follow the fix and after the fix is completed you will have your Creator 9 back..after I did this I ran my Norton a couple of times and my C9 was always still there..good luck.

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

Please go to the following link below to install the patch for your trial version error message.

http://patches.sonic.com/techsupport/tools/repairer.zip

Once the file is unzipped, there will be a 'Repairer.exe' file. Double click on Repairer.exe and it will prompt you to enter the supplied CD key during purchase. No reboot is required.

Archived