• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

CinePlayer cannot see hard drives

GRA

Question

I installed the latest version of CinePlayer, 3.2 and find that it cannot detect my hard drives, C:\ and D:\. Both are SATA drives. Earlier versions worked fine.

As instructed by Roxio support, I downloaded and ran the pxengine program, rebooted and found it did nothing. CinePlayer is still blind.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GRA

10 answers to this question

The one from Plextor would be an OEM [Original eqpt mfgr] Version, which would be a cut-down form of the program. The one you bought would be expected to be fully functional - as you have noted.

Lynn

Lynn,

It was just the opposite. The "free" version with EMC on the Plextor CD had more features, or at least could see the hard drives for some file operations but not movie playing. The one I purchased directly from Roxio didn't have the file operations on its menu and could never see the hard drives under any circumstances.

Does CinePlayer detect any other drive (ex. optical drives)?

It sees only the DVD / CD drive.

However this is now a moot question. I reinstalled and earlier version of CinePlayer which sees all of the drives.

I found that I did have to do a clean uninstall of both Roxio and Sonic products and directories and scrub the Registry in order for the earlier version to work properly once re-installed.

I did have two versions of the latest CinePlayer. One I had purchased and tried first and one that came with a Plextor drive. Although both claimed to be the same version, the one from Plextor seemed to have more menu options and could see the hard drives for some file copy operations but would not work when it came to playing movies and I could never get it to play any movies from the hard drive whether by looking for a file or by drag-and-drop. Both methods work with the earlier version.

Are you suggesting that it is not behaving as the user says, Lynn?

If so, what do YOU say is happening, please, and how do you know this? Do you have any evidence that GRA is telling untruths, that causes you to make this accusation??

I am saying that subtitle which has been removed, saying that it was released before it was ready, gave the false impression the product has just been released - prior to being tested.

Lynn

I wouldn't say they weren't tested although I often, but not always, find Roxio products troublesome to install and regularly failing to operate as they should. My experiences with CinePlayer are not unusual in my use of Roxio products and may not exactly match the other several pages of problems listed in this forum but the do exist. Roxio's poor support, not to mention non-existence of upgrades or fixes doesn't help.

Do you know the cure for this problem, or should I just ask for the refund as I have with several other Roxio products?

Archived