• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Movie & data on 1 dvd

Print-Topia

Question

Can someone tell me what's the best / easiest way to achieve this.

I have some movies as well as some pictures that I want to put into a single dvd disc. I know that I can easily create a DVD movie disc for the movie and create another disc (another session) just for the pictures - not as a slide show in the mac OS. But what if i need the disk to be played on Mac & PC as well as stand alone DVD players? The pictures can be treated as pure data files and does not need to be mountable on the stand alone dvd players but must be viewable on both Mac & PCs.

How do I go abouts doing this? Do I create the DVD movie first or later, etc.

Thanks for reading and appreciate even more if you can reply.

2 answers to this question

First I'll suggest getting Toast 8 for this. It has a new Photo Disc option that not only saves the photos in a folder on the DVD but includes both a Mac and PC player for full-screen play back on computers.

You can do what you're wanting with Toast 7, too. There are two options. One is to create a DVD slide show along with your videos. Click the More button at the lower left of the Toast window and you'll see a place to select "Add Original Photos."

If you don't want a DVD slide show the check the box next to "Add data content" in the window described above. Go to the Data window and choose DVD-Rom (UDF) as the format. Click New Disc and name the disc the same as you named the DVD video. Add your files and folders. Go back to the Video window and burn the DVD.

Archived