Opening IE While Using LP Assistant Causes Hangs

Nightmare

Question

8 answers to this question

So, if you don't open IE while using Sound Editor or LP Assistant then all is well? The simple answer is, don't open IE while using either of those applications, and I don't mean to be facetious. What version of IE are you running? For grins, what happens if you install the FireFox or Opera browser? Can those be opened okay while running the Roxio applications?

Except for the suspected memory bleed, yes. NOT opening IE will not cause the program to crash. Don't know or care about Firefox or Opera, because I don't use them. IE7 is the version.

Kind of hard not to open IE7 when the Roxio software does a search to TAG the tracks. Kind of self-defeating for the TAGs function.

It is my understanding that this forum is to report problems, no matter what the problems are. And not to be facetious, that is what I did.

Steve

Well, they can be used to post problems to see if any of your fellow users can help you solve it. It isn't however a way to report problems to Roxio/Sonic directly. They have moderators that sometimes review posts, and may make note of some problems, but it's no guarantee that they will read the problem you posted.

Thanks for the update on the information about this forum and for your help. When it happens again, I will post to keep this thread up to date.

It is my understanding that this forum is to report problems, no matter what the problems are. And not to be facetious, that is what I did.

Not quite - this is a users' forum with no direct connection to Roxio (unless a poster has a Roxio icon, we're all volunteers from Wales to New Zealand (and stops in between)

However, IE7 has been known to cause a few problems - not so often in EMC9 but definitely in earlier versions

Except for the suspected memory bleed, yes. NOT opening IE will not cause the program to crash. Don't know or care about Firefox or Opera, because I don't use them. IE7 is the version.

Kind of hard not to open IE7 when the Roxio software does a search to TAG the tracks. Kind of self-defeating for the TAGs function.

Steve

Well, they can be used to post problems to see if any of your fellow users can help you solve it. It isn't however a way to report problems to Roxio/Sonic directly. They have moderators that sometimes review posts, and may make note of some problems, but it's no guarantee that they will read the problem you posted.

Also crashes with the use of Sound Editor

So, if you don't open IE while using Sound Editor or LP Assistant then all is well? The simple answer is, don't open IE while using either of those applications, and I don't mean to be facetious. What version of IE are you running? For grins, what happens if you install the FireFox or Opera browser? Can those be opened okay while running the Roxio applications?

Archived