Burned DVD will only play on my computer

bayhound

Question

I have EMC9 and made a DVD of my vacation using MYDVD in EMC9. I burned the DVD with no trouble. The DVD plays fine on my computer. When I try to play it on table top DVD players, it won't play. Not on new or old DVD players.

When I look on the DVD I see "dmsd" files but not the kind of file I would expect to see that would play on table top players. EMC9 says I can burn DVD's. What do I need to do?

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply GrandpaBruce. When my project was complete, I went to the "File" drop down menu and chose "burn project to DVD". Am I in the wrong place?

Something just doesn't sound right. Do you have a Video_TS folder on the burned disc? Do you have Drag to Disc running?

Do you get a burn screen like the one below?

post-81-1188052469.jpg

I have EMC9 and made a DVD of my vacation using MYDVD in EMC9. I burned the DVD with no trouble. The DVD plays fine on my computer. When I try to play it on table top DVD players, it won't play. Not on new or old DVD players.

When I look on the DVD I see "dmsd" files but not the kind of file I would expect to see that would play on table top players. EMC9 says I can burn DVD's. What do I need to do?

If you burned it in MyDVD, it shouldn't have a .dmsd files on the DVD. You need to explain exactly what you did to burn the file.

If you burned it in MyDVD, it shouldn't have a .dmsd files on the DVD. You need to explain exactly what you did to burn the file.

Thanks for the reply GrandpaBruce. When my project was complete, I went to the "File" drop down menu and chose "burn project to DVD". Am I in the wrong place?

Archived