• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 9 freezes up everything

Verleen

Question

:( I just installed EMC 9 Suite. I used the drag and copy to CD function and it worked fine. However, after that, my entire system just froze up. It took forever to access my email and after an hour, it was still trying to download mail. It spent over an hour trying to defrag my C drive and got to just 1%. A nightmare. I removed the software and my system is back to its speedy instantaneous operations. What is going on? I really don't want all the software it comes with. I just want to burn files, pictures to CDs. Is there any way to do that without installing the whole suite? Right now, I really HATE Roxio's EMC 9 Suite. Thanks for your help, Verleen

7 answers to this question

That will disable D2D only for that session! When you reboot, it will be back.

Okay, I did a custom install and chose not to install the D2D application, as well as some others that seemed to be purely video related. If I ever want to do videos, I can go back in and custom install them. So far, so good. Its not freezing up my computer and other applications. I do hate changing the display settings to 1024 x 768, like I do for Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0. :blink: I can't see things that small!

I want to thank you gentlemen for your assistance. Verleen

:( I just installed EMC 9 Suite. I used the drag and copy to CD function and it worked fine. However, after that, my entire system just froze up. It took forever to access my email and after an hour, it was still trying to download mail. It spent over an hour trying to defrag my C drive and got to just 1%. A nightmare. I removed the software and my system is back to its speedy instantaneous operations. What is going on? I really don't want all the software it comes with. I just want to burn files, pictures to CDs. Is there any way to do that without installing the whole suite? Right now, I really HATE Roxio's EMC 9 Suite. Thanks for your help, Verleen

Yup. Quit using Drag to Disc, and use Creator Classic instead.

I should add some info on my system.

Windows XP w service pack 2

2.4 GigHz Intel Celeron

8 KB primary memory cache

128 secondary memory cache

40.02 Gig hard drive

12.93 gig free hard drive space

CD-Rom Drive

Toshiba DVD-Rom

512 MB memory

external hard drives

Verleen

Thank you Bruce for your reply. As a Grandma Verleen, I am not very technologically savy. I don't recall seeing a Creator Classic as a choice on EMC 9 Suite CD. I'll have to check it out again. Maybe tomorrow after I've recovered from the trauma of the freeze-up. I'm leary of installing the 'software from hell again'.

Bruce, is it possible to custom install just the software that I need to burn/copy files and photos to CDs? I'm still not techy enough to try DVDs yet. Any advice on how to do a limited install? Thanks, Verleen

Thank you Bruce for your reply. As a Grandma Verleen, I am not very technologically savy. I don't recall seeing a Creator Classic as a choice on EMC 9 Suite CD. I'll have to check it out again. Maybe tomorrow after I've recovered from the trauma of the freeze-up. I'm leary of installing the 'software from hell again'.

Bruce, is it possible to custom install just the software that I need to burn/copy files and photos to CDs? I'm still not techy enough to try DVDs yet. Any advice on how to do a limited install? Thanks, Verleen

There are a few things that you don't have to install, I think, but you should be able to click on the icon on your desktop, click on Applications, and Creator Classic is the top one on the left.

Also, you can disable Drag to Disc by right clicking on the icon that is in your tray, and select disable, I think it is.

There are a few things that you don't have to install, I think, but you should be able to click on the icon on your desktop, click on Applications, and Creator Classic is the top one on the left.

Also, you can disable Drag to Disc by right clicking on the icon that is in your tray, and select disable, I think it is.

Can I just remove D2D from the Remove Software task? When I removed the entire program, I had to remove the big 499 MB software and about 8 or so small byte ones that came with it. D2D was one of these.

Since you are recommending that I get rid of D2D, then it must be notorious for causing problems. I will try reinstalling EMC 9 Suite today, remove the D2D and use the Creator Classic. I'll come back to let you all know how this works.

Archived