• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying Trouble

zoltanj

Question

7 answers to this question

Give me a break about busting DVD encryption. InterVideo tried to pull the same excuse on me when I asked why their DVD-to-WMV conversion always failed to produce the correct aspect ratio (whether widescreen or fullscreen the image was always stretched incorrectly). Once they found out I was using a personal CSS-encrypted DVD, they put the blame on AnyDVD and wrote me off.

Easy DVD Copy 2 and Easy Media Creator 8 Suite Disc Copier (same product) both share numerous bugs - far too many for the products to be released and sold. Let's give credit where credit is due. These products are super-buggy. I have five open tickets in the Roxio Support, some almost a month old, and none have received a response. And GrandpaBruce, please stay out of this one, you already cut my other two topics short. If you don't have answers go help someone else.

Here's a recap of the bugs for all the world to see and to remind Roxio to get a patch out there for all of us spending $49 - $89 for their products and literally getting no use out of the Disc Copier feature.

Easy DVD Copy 2 / EMC8 Disc Copier bugs:

1) WMV file often automatically deletes at end of rendering process.

2) WMV file audio grows out of sync further on in file (using either a single or dual-core processor).

3) WMV file two-pass renders begin moving super-fast towards the end of a large render so the resultant file is missing the end part of the movie.

4) DiscCopier8.exe process often still runs after closing Disc Copier preventing software from being re-opened until the process is killed.

5) Starting a Video Compliation using a DVD disc as source, then chaning your mind, deleting your one item in the queue and using a DVD ISO image instead then starting the render incorrectly fires up the disc drive and starts rendering the first (deleted) item.

Fortunately I don't use the disc-to-disc copying features that many other forum members have had problems with or my list would be longer (hang in there people). I simply want WMV movies for my Windows Media Center and XBox 360.

I am hoping for the best. A big company like Roxio of course does not want to come out and admit a product has bugs. I hope their programmers are working feverishly on these problems and will release a patch soon. Easy DVD Copy 2 seriously has the best potential out of any WMV-creating application I've seen. And I've been hunting high and low. Kind regards.

Give me a break about busting DVD encryption.

I think Slysoft is a Ireland based Co. , located on some Island somewhere with different laws. Some software might work better or worse with there products. There are other boards based in the Netherlands with different laws. You could maybe have your problems addressed there. It probably will get cut short if you persist on this same topic!

cdanteek

Give me a break about busting DVD encryption. InterVideo tried to pull the same excuse on me when I asked why their DVD-to-WMV conversion always failed to produce the correct aspect ratio (whether widescreen or fullscreen the image was always stretched incorrectly). Once they found out I was using a CSS-encrypted DVD, which I own, they put the blame on AnyDVD and wrote me off.

Easy DVD Copy 2 and Easy Media Creator 8 Suite Disc Copier (same product) both share numerous bugs - far too many for the products to be released and sold. Let's give credit where credit is due. These products are super-buggy. I have five open tickets in the Roxio Support, some almost a month old, and none have received a response. And GrandpaBruce, please stay out of this one, you already cut my other two topics short. If you don't have answers go help someone else.

I never cut you off from anything, pal. As far as breaking encryption and copying commercial DVD's, it is illegal in the U.S. and Canada. That is where your Roxio software is distributed.

It doesn't matter what you or I think about copying our purchased DVD's. Sadly, it is illegal.

I am not quite following you.

Can you provide details of the steps taken and error messages received. What DVD file are you talking about???

Also provide system specs

Not sure if I am having the same problem.

We like to make back up copies of our kid DVD's for our DVD player in our vehicle. We don't want to ruin the original DVDs and it's sooo much easier without menus that the kids need to navigate.

For some time now I've used dvdshrink and nero. Now with a new computer that doesn't have nero and now I have EMC8, I have been using Disc copier. Whenever the DVD file is reauthored(in shrink) to remove the original movie, I have a higher rate of failure with Disc Copier--I never had this problem when I would burn with Nero.

Apologies for the non-technical post... :)

As far as breaking encryption and copying commercial DVD's, it is illegal in the U.S. and Canada. That is where your Roxio software is distributed.

Point taken. It will be interesting to see Windows Vista Ultimate Edition ship in Q1 2007, complete with built-in DVD-ripping capabilities. I anticipate it will work much like Windows Media Player's CD-ripper. The timing of the release of DVD Ripping Software by major players such as Roxio is interesting. I think they want to make a few bucks before Vista starts shipping and because the consumer demand for this type of software is so high right now. As long as they do not add unencryption they can skirt the laws.

But tell me, what else are people using Easy DVD Copy 2 for other than to back up their commercial DVDs or take advantage of the convenience of Windows Media Center to view their DVDs in a compact WMV format? Why are so many software makers getting in on the game? It is not because people are ripping home movie DVDs created with home movie MiniDV / Mini-DVD NLE editing software. Home movie software not only burns projects to DVD, but also exports to WMV, RM & QT formats, eliminating the need for DVD ripping software.

As a sidenote although AnyDVD works seamlessly with everything else DVD-related - Nero, Sony Vegas, Easy Media Creator Studio - the Easy DVD Copy 2 bugs I listed happen with non-commercial (non-encrypted) DVDs, without running AnyDVD.

Easy DVD Copy 2 is the best DVD-to-WMV converter on the market, or at least it will be when the bugs are fixed. Absolutely the best. Thanks for the discussion. I admire Roxio for providing the Forums and being sensitive enough to customer needs to allow these types of discussions. If I'm having these problems then many others are, too. We don't hear so much because I think most people use the DivX features over the Windows Media Video features. And the DivX encoding may be working just fine.

Archived