• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

PAL DVD to NTSC DVD

darrinaw

Question

So I know that this may be impossible, but I think that Toast can do it. I am just not sure HOW.... Does anyone have a tried and true method for doing this? I have a friend who lives in the UK and is an actor and has all of his shows that he is in on PAL DVD. I want to get them to play on American NTSC players. I have already ripped the files using MacTheRipper. I can play them on my Mac, but NOT on my DVD player and TV. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

-D

5 answers to this question

1. Select DVD video as the format in the Toast Video window.

2. Insert the PAL DVD and choose DVD with the top button of the Media Browser

3. Add the entire disc or any titles or chapters you want from the Media Browser to the Video window.

4. When Toast is done extracting the videos set up the menu the way you want.

5. Either click the burn button or choose Save as Disc Image (I prefer the latter). Toast will ask you if you really want to convert PAL video to NTSC.

6. If you choose the disc image route you can mount it and preview it in DVD Player before burning it to DVD using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

1. Select DVD video as the format in the Toast Video window.

2. Insert the PAL DVD and choose DVD with the top button of the Media Browser

3. Add the entire disc or any titles or chapters you want from the Media Browser to the Video window.

4. When Toast is done extracting the videos set up the menu the way you want.

5. Either click the burn button or choose Save as Disc Image (I prefer the latter). Toast will ask you if you really want to convert PAL video to NTSC.

6. If you choose the disc image route you can mount it and preview it in DVD Player before burning it to DVD using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

AWESOME Instructions. I get to #5 and I continually get the error "9011". Anyway around this or do we have to wait for the next update? I also have a copy of Toast 7. Will it work in that as well?

Thanks again!

-Darrin

AWESOME Instructions. I get to #5 and I continually get the error "9011". Anyway around this or do we have to wait for the next update? I also have a copy of Toast 7. Will it work in that as well?

Thanks again!

-Darrin

I believe your video DVD has PCM audio rather than AC-3 audio. Click on a title and choose Edit. There you'll see a description of the audio file. If it has multiple audio tracks (the description is a pop-up button) then choose AC=3 or Dolby Digital. If it only has PCM then you need to use Toast 7 or wait for the next Toast 8 update. There should be no difference in quality doing this process with Toast 7 or 8 so you might as well use the one that works now with PCM audio.

I believe your video DVD has PCM audio rather than AC-3 audio. Click on a title and choose Edit. There you'll see a description of the audio file. If it has multiple audio tracks (the description is a pop-up button) then choose AC=3 or Dolby Digital. If it only has PCM then you need to use Toast 7 or wait for the next Toast 8 update. There should be no difference in quality doing this process with Toast 7 or 8 so you might as well use the one that works now with PCM audio.

Installed Toast 7 and it's currently encoding! I will let you know if it's successful! Thanks again!

-darrinaw

Archived