EMC7 and EMC9 crash

Rayzor

Question

:angry2:

Ive pretty much had it with ROXIO.

My EMC7 crapped out and it wont starup and Ive tried to use the trial versoin of EMC9 and that crashes.

I liked the way 7 worked before but Im not spending more money on stuff that wont work. They are no help to fix it and the updates dont do nothin for me.

Im gonna trash it and look for diffrent software.

Sorry ROXIO ...you had your chance.

9 answers to this question

What does IE 7 have to do with it?

And letting peaple here know I had a problem and Im not happy with the program seems to be what most of the peaple here are doing.

Most everyone that is in here is tryin to fix their problems. Ive dont like seeing a forum where there are so many glitches and problems with a progam(s). Thats just bad bussiness.

Dont get me wrong...Id love to use EMC7 again as I do like the program. Im just so frustrated with these programs right now.

So what do I do to change this with out getting rid of IE7 or do I have to go to FireFox?

IE 7 and WinPlayer 11 make changes deep inside the WinXP Opearating System - and the result is many programs don't work with them - not just from Roxio.

Instructions for rolling back are here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162

Those of us who answer are simply fellow-customers of Roxio, most of whom originally started by reporting a problem and were helped; and then hanging around to help others.

If you want to tell Roxio how angry you are, you will have to contact Roxio - you might try Custormer Service.

Lynn

Quite simply, IE7 and Media Player 11 are Vista apps back-ported to XP. They cause a LOT of problems with other apps, including all Roxio s/w up to and including EMC8.

As for IE7 itself - it isn't a W3C compliant browser (but then MS wants to make the web in its own image). You can roll back to IE6 if you prefer. The only reason you may want to install Firefox is that it is a tabbed browser (and was that long before MS claimed the idea)

Well I deleted IE7 and rolled back Windows Media to 9 and my EMC7 still wont load.

Ive spent a whole day trying to get it to work. Im runnin Fire Fox now and Ive had it for today.

Unless there is something else to try I cant do much more.

Well I deleted IE7 and rolled back Windows Media to 9 and my EMC7 still wont load.

Ive spent a whole day trying to get it to work. Im runnin Fire Fox now and Ive had it for today.

Unless there is something else to try I cant do much more.

Now that you go rid of IE7, do a clean install of the software.

Archived