• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

problem with loading my emc 9

ohioguy521

Question

I have been using roxio media creator 9 for a while now. but i uninstalled it on my computer because of some blackberry problems which is another issue all together!! anyhow i got rid of the blackberry stuff altogether so it is not a problem..what my problem is that i cant reinstall the roxio emc 9 now. it will load up to a certain point and then asks for a disc?? i have no clue what they are talking about . i have tried putting the content cd in which does no good. what are they asking for.. i have uninstalled this program several times and reloaded it without a problem.. so i do not get why this window is popping up with that error..it never did it before . can someone tell me what the deal is on this? thank you

3 answers to this question

You'll probably have to do a complete clean install (removing all traces of Roxio from the computer, including hidden folders in Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data)

Check here for details

okay...i went thru the whole process you led me to.and i am still getting the same thing. it will load up to a point then it has a screen pop up and asks for me to insert disc..well....it already is inserted? please someone help?? i wnet thru the whole thing you sent me exactly and still get the stupid error or whatever it is.. what should i do next?

OK - if it has a problem reading the disc, make a folder anywhere and copy the whole of the Program CD into that

If it fails to copy, then you have a bad disc. If it copies, go to the folder and run 'setup.exe' from there

Let us know if that works

Archived