myDVD 9

harvey736

Question

5 answers to this question

Anyone know how to fade in from black and out to black in myDVD 9? I see there are numerous transitions but I don't see a simple fade to black. Anyone know where/how to fade?

This may or may not be what you are looking for but for what it is worth. Instead of looking for a transition to black add a black colored panel ahead of or behind the image in the direction you want to fade. Works great and you can set duration as needed

Willard

There isn't one called fade to black, but you would be better off building your production in VideoWave.

To get close to what you want to do, after the photo or video clip that I want to fade, I add a slow dissolve transition, then insert a black color panel, then another slow dissolve transition, then the next picture or video.

You will have to adjust the time of each transition and color panel to get the desired effect.

Actually I should have said in VideoWave not MyDVD, but you pretty much gave me the info I was looking for. Thanks for the reply!

This may or may not be what you are looking for but for what it is worth. Instead of looking for a transition to black add a black colored panel ahead of or behind the image in the direction you want to fade. Works great and you can set duration as needed

Willard

If you don't add the fade transition before the black panel, there is no fade between the video clip or photo, and the black panel. By putting a transition, before the black panel, there is. Try it both ways, and you will see the difference.

Anyone know how to fade in from black and out to black in myDVD 9? I see there are numerous transitions but I don't see a simple fade to black. Anyone know where/how to fade?

There isn't one called fade to black, but you would be better off building your production in VideoWave.

To get close to what you want to do, after the photo or video clip that I want to fade, I add a slow dissolve transition, then insert a black color panel, then another slow dissolve transition, then the next picture or video.

You will have to adjust the time of each transition and color panel to get the desired effect.

Archived