• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hang with TIVO files

Rose4uKY

Question

I have Easy Creator Basic 9 that came with my pc. Roxio said it would work but everytime it gets to a certain point at the beginning of burning a Tivo show it locks up and the program freezes. I go to My Muhvee add the file and click burn now give it a name and it gets to like 20% and 5% and hangs up at the same spot every time. Do I need the Suite? Tivo asked me about my burner being plus, minus or both and I didn't know what he was talking about. I have a Dual Layer DVD player that came with my new HP vista computer. I bought DVD + R Maxell 16x DVDR so I don't know can someone help me. I may have to call Roxio back on Monday. I am getting a portable media player soon and will need plus so I may just buy it and convert it then burn it for my friend. Rose

2 answers to this question

I have Easy Creator Basic 9 that came with my pc. Roxio said it would work but everytime it gets to a certain point at the beginning of burning a Tivo show it locks up and the program freezes. I go to My Muhvee add the file and click burn now give it a name and it gets to like 20% and 5% and hangs up at the same spot every time. Do I need the Suite? Tivo asked me about my burner being plus, minus or both and I didn't know what he was talking about. I have a Dual Layer DVD player that came with my new HP vista computer. I bought DVD + R Maxell 16x DVDR so I don't know can someone help me. I may have to call Roxio back on Monday. I am getting a portable media player soon and will need plus so I may just buy it and convert it then burn it for my friend. Rose

It is always best if you start your own thread. The only thing you had in common with the original one was that you were both working with TIVO files.

The full suite won't fix the problem so you have to find the problem before you decide to buy something else. Tell us a little more about your computer - at least the model number. Do you have your anti-virus scanning your computer while you are doing the video work? Do you have any other programs running at the same time. You might want to try a different brand of DVD.

Please explain once again what you are doing; something doesn't read right.

Sorry I guess I should of started a new thread. I just did the same thing and posted again without making a new thread somewhere else on here. I have a new HP vista computer. It came with Creator Basic 9 and a program called My Muvee which I open it up and add the movie which is a Tivo progream and then click burn to disk. Tivo actually told me to do that but I had already done it that way. I was making sure I was doing it right but now I am wondering if it's suppose to be converted 1st or if the program is suppose to convert it while burning I don't know. But It gets 20% done doing one thing and 5% doing something with temprary files and then wont go any further. Does the Tivo show have to be converted 1st? Also I read where some people use my DVD.

I just posted this somewhere else on here but I am getting a portable video player that does Mpeg4. I was going to buy Tivo 2 Go Plus to convert my Tivo shows. On Tivos website it says if you have Suite you can convert shows and put on portable devices or burn to DVD. My question was if I upgrade to the suite and it converts Tivo shows to Mpeg4 then I won't need Plus correct? Sorry I am new here..

Thanks, Rose

Archived