• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Making multiple copies of a DVD with Toast

joltster

Question

I have Toast 8.0.1 and a Macbook(OSX 10.4.10) I have made copies of some DVD's in this computer and I would like to know where I can find the files on this computer so that I can make more copies in the future without having to taking up a lot of space. I also want to know where I can find the files of the original copies of the DVD's that I made so that I can delete any multiple copies if any.Thanks.

1 answer to this question

If I'm understanding this correctly you used the Copy window to make duplicates of some DVDs. If you used just one optical drive for this Toast copied the content of the source DVD as a temporary disc image, ejected the disc, asked you to insert a blank disc and proceeded to make the copy.

If this is what happened then there are no files on your computer that came from this copying. Quitting Toast automatically deletes the temporary file.

If you do want to keep a copy on the hard drive for burning more discs at a later time, choose Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. You then use the Image File setting in the Copy window to burn copies from the disc image.

The disc image can be mounted which lets you access files within the disc image.

Archived