• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Copier Cannot Properly Make Multiple Coopies

kaiien

Question

OK...I made a NICE project using VideoWave7 (I am using the 7.5 suite BTW) and I need to make several copies of my project. If I make a single disk copy, the disk will play fine in a component players. However, if I change the number (on the lower right of Disc Copier) to say 3 or whatever, the first disk is fine but discs 2 and 3 will not play on anything but the PC. This is not a media issue as I had first thought because I have now made 9 discs (3 discs each on 3 brands) doing multiple copies and only the first of each set will play. I didn't see anything in the help section.

When I put the disc into my burner (A Sony DRU-710A) Windows recognizes it, plays it fine, I can explore it, etc. Says the disk is finalized and cannot be written to. File size is correct, etc...what's up?

Thankyou

10 answers to this question

OK, I've tested this with a very small ISO and since I didn't have anything I wanted to keep 3 discs of, I used RW discs. The file was 78mb ISO and I was able to make 3 copies that all played fine in both my computer and 1 stand alone dvd player. So, I can't recreate your problem on my system.

What confuses me is that all of yours play fine in the drive that created your project so why don't they play in the other players?

This solution has worked for some people in the past.....( and you might want to use a RW disk to see if this works.)

Open Disk Copier, go to Tools\ Options and select ALWAYS CACHE. Your other option would be to change the write speed to a lower speed that might avoid errors.

Do you have any other DVD Burning software on your computer? My DVD burner came with another DVD burning software package that will write .iso files to a DVD and I get less failures when I use that program to burn the DVDs. Apparently, that software was tested with my burner and it gives more consistent results.

No, no other burning software.... I know it may no work as well for me, but what came with your burner?

OK, I've tested this with a very small ISO and since I didn't have anything I wanted to keep 3 discs of, I used RW discs. The file was 78mb ISO and I was able to make 3 copies that all played fine in both my computer and 1 stand alone dvd player. So, I can't recreate your problem on my system.

What confuses me is that all of yours play fine in the drive that created your project so why don't they play in the other players?

Thankyou for trying! :)

There is one anomily I noticed in regards to this....

The disks that play in my component player are read considerably faster when I put them in my drive than those that won't play...So when I put the playable ones into my drive, the little menu pops up within several seconds...on the other hand, the non playable discs take more than a minute for XP to decide that they are "DVD Movie" disks....reads constantly the whole time making some odd noises.....

This at first led me to think bad media, but cross brand and only copy 2 and higher not working...dunno.

Thankyou!

No, no other burning software.... I know it may no work as well for me, but what came with your burner?

Thankyou for trying! :)

There is one anomily I noticed in regards to this....

The disks that play in my component player are read considerably faster when I put them in my drive than those that won't play...So when I put the playable ones into my drive, the little menu pops up within several seconds...on the other hand, the non playable discs take more than a minute for XP to decide that they are "DVD Movie" disks....reads constantly the whole time making some odd noises.....

This at first led me to think bad media, but cross brand and only copy 2 and higher not working...dunno.

Thankyou!

So the software has a flaw, don't try to burn 87,000 copies and do one at at time. Is that a big deal, Iso and reburn! It works right?

cdanteek

I do believe that Paul has the answer to the problem. MEMORY. Try burning two disks and see if you can do that. And by the way, I didn't look back at all the replies but how large is the file you are burning ?? And I'm pretty sure it's not your burner. I have both the Sony DRU-720A and the 710A drives and they both work great, although the most copies I have made is 2, and I have 1 GB of DDR 533 PC24300 Crucial memory.

I just don't believe that 768MB of RAM will get you three copies.

Frank.........

OK...I made a NICE project using VideoWave7 (I am using the 7.5 suite BTW) and I need to make several copies of my project. If I make a single disk copy, the disk will play fine in a component players. However, if I change the number (on the lower right of Disc Copier) to say 3 or whatever, the first disk is fine but discs 2 and 3 will not play on anything but the PC. This is not a media issue as I had first thought because I have now made 9 discs (3 discs each on 3 brands) doing multiple copies and only the first of each set will play. I didn't see anything in the help section.

When I put the disc into my burner (A Sony DRU-710A) Windows recognizes it, plays it fine, I can explore it, etc. Says the disk is finalized and cannot be written to. File size is correct, etc...what's up?

Thankyou

You're not getting any errors during the burns? I've never tried this myself but have heard others say that they had to do a reboot after each Disc Copy. That seems strange but try it and see if it works. If so, burning multiple copies isn't worth it, is it? I'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe it's a memory issue.

You're not getting any errors during the burns? I've never tried this myself but have heard others say that they had to do a reboot after each Disc Copy. That seems strange but try it and see if it works. If so, burning multiple copies isn't worth it, is it? I'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe it's a memory issue.

Nope, no errors. And like i said, the discs will still play in this and at least one other PC without any problems. Just not a component DVD player. And if i do one, and restart Roxio, it works fine. It's just a major pain because i need to make 15 copies of this project.... :)

Thanks

Nope, no errors. And like i said, the discs will still play in this and at least one other PC without any problems. Just not a component DVD player. And if i do one, and restart Roxio, it works fine. It's just a major pain because i need to make 15 copies of this project.... :)

Thanks

I feel your pain. If I have some time, I'll try to see if I can duplicate this. I've never done this but I know others have with no problems.

Also, please post your computer speces so I can see if anything pops out that may be a problem.

Guest mlpasley

Have you checked for updates for your DVD burner? It sound like the communication between the burner and the program may not be exactly right.

How are you copying that DVD? Are you inserting the DVD in the drive and using Disk Copier to make multiple copies, or are you burning multiple copies from an 'image file' (.iso)?

Have you checked for updates for your DVD burner? It sound like the communication between the burner and the program may not be exactly right.

How are you copying that DVD? Are you inserting the DVD in the drive and using Disk Copier to make multiple copies, or are you burning multiple copies from an 'image file' (.iso)?

Drive has latest firmware....

Using DVD builder, since I used Videowave to create the content, it take a LONG time to render and then burn it. Once that was done, I can either A) Take my new disc that works fine and use Disc Copier, select X amount of copies, and the first disc is just fine. Number 2 and after burn ok, play on PC, have the exact file structure and disc size as the original, says it's finalized and ready to play, but won't play on anything besides PC. :huh:, I tried making an ISO of the original disc, then using Disc Copier select X amount of copies, and again, first copied disk is just fine, but subsequent disks will only read in PC.

I have tried with Verbatim, Memorex, and Playo (off brand) disks with exact same results. For compatibility reason, all are -R.

I now have 9 discs that are pretty much worthless as the whole point of this project is TV viewing...

I feel your pain. If I have some time, I'll try to see if I can duplicate this. I've never done this but I know others have with no problems.

Also, please post your computer speces so I can see if anything pops out that may be a problem.

Thanks man...

I don't believe this to be a hardware issue...all the discs I have previously made work fine, I have just never don't multiple copies before....

I',m running:

XP Home SP2

1.8 Ghz Intel

768 Mb Ram

Sony DRU-710A

Roxio 7.5

The discs (Verbatim, Memorex, Playo) have all been -R, the Verbatim and Playo 8X (I even tried a burn at 6X) and the Memorex are 16X.....

Thankyou for looking into this! I appreciate your help!! :)

Guest mlpasley

This solution has worked for some people in the past.....( and you might want to use a RW disk to see if this works.)

Open Disk Copier, go to Tools\ Options and select ALWAYS CACHE. Your other option would be to change the write speed to a lower speed that might avoid errors.

Do you have any other DVD Burning software on your computer? My DVD burner came with another DVD burning software package that will write .iso files to a DVD and I get less failures when I use that program to burn the DVDs. Apparently, that software was tested with my burner and it gives more consistent results.

Archived