Media Import Won't Recognize Dvd

andrews366

Question

5 answers to this question

Since you have imported other discs, I can only assume there is something different with how the original disc was made. The only thing I can suggest would be to copy the .VOB files to your hard drive and rename the extension to .MPG. This doesn't always work, but it does work for most.

Wow! Re-naming the file worked great. I didn't know you could do that--Thanks!!

What type of disc is it? MiniDVD from camcorder? Regular DVD recorded on a set top recorder? Some of these must be 'finalized' before they are recognized on a PC.

Gary, It was a DVD-R copied with Easy Media Creator 8 from another DVD . The Disk plays fine on the Roxio DVD player...I just tried to finalize the disk with the tools menu, but it came back with "Please insert an appendable data disk that is CD media or DVD write-once media....still no luck with recognizing the files with media import.

Bill

Since you have imported other discs, I can only assume there is something different with how the original disc was made. The only thing I can suggest would be to copy the .VOB files to your hard drive and rename the extension to .MPG. This doesn't always work, but it does work for most.

Archived