Creator Classic Won't Make Audio Cds

donald_steinman

Question

Creator Classic won't allow me to build an audio cd project.

I try to drag wav files (on my hard drive) from the Source window down to the Project window, but they never appear in the Project window. The Project window remains empty, and the Project Properties window shows 0 files.

I've tried dragging as well as selecting-and-adding. Nothing seems to work. Oddly, all functions are normal when building a data cd project.

Anyone seen this behavior? Using EMC 7, build 7.1.1.215 EMU.

Thanks!

-DS

16 answers to this question

I try to drag wav files (on my hard drive) from the Source window down to the Project window, but they never appear in the Project window. The Project window remains empty, and the Project Properties window shows 0 files.

I've tried dragging as well as selecting-and-adding. Nothing seems to work. Oddly, all functions are normal when building a data cd project.

Thanks!

-DS

What happens if you right click the file and choose 'add to project'? Does that work?

What happens if you right click the file and choose 'add to project'? Does that work?

Nope.

None of the three techniques works:

1. right click/add to project;

2. select (left click) then hit the add to project arrow;

3. drag and drop.

I simply can't add any files to the audio cd program window. The data cd routine works normally, though.

Nope.

None of the three techniques works:

1. right click/add to project;

2. select (left click) then hit the add to project arrow;

3. drag and drop.

I simply can't add any files to the audio cd program window. The data cd routine works normally, though.

That's odd. Maybe you should do a repair install just as a chance that something got corrupted. I don't hold much hope but it's worth a try.

Thanks!

-DS

Are you certain it is set for an Audio CD project? It defaults to a Data Disc when opened.

Click "file - new project - Audio cd".

If that is not the issue, I would next make sure the .wav files you are working with are valid.

I'm having similar problems with 7.5.0.47 ENU. I bought some songs from walmart.com and downloaded them as .wma files. I get an error "The audio file is corrupted or not supported" when I try to add these songs to a Audio CD project. I bought songs from walmart.com last year and burned them to a CD this same exact way without a problem. I even tried redownloading the songs from walmart.com but it didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas why these songs won't burn in Roxio? I listened to them and they sound fine so I don't think they are corrupt.

I'm having similar problems with 7.5.0.47 ENU. I bought some songs from walmart.com and downloaded them as .wma files. I get an error "The audio file is corrupted or not supported" when I try to add these songs to a Audio CD project. I bought songs from walmart.com last year and burned them to a CD this same exact way without a problem. I even tried redownloading the songs from walmart.com but it didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas why these songs won't burn in Roxio? I listened to them and they sound fine so I don't think they are corrupt.

The files would have DRM (Digital Rights Management) code, which would control how you can use the files unless you record them as you download them (downloading to a CD-RW might be useful here) and then immediately rip them to your Hard Drive (the CD-RW can then be erased for re-use).

This is a situation which comes up often with legally downloaded files.

Lynn

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, unable to put MP3 or WAV files into the Audio project. I have V7.5 and no updates are available for my version. I saw a comment in another thread about logging on as an Administrator? I cannot see an option to do this.

Data Disks are fine, but Audio ones just will not work. I know my music files are ok and legal and absolutely none of them work.

I have seen a lot of people with similar issues on this matter but not a resolution that fixes it so far. Any help greatly appreciated.

Some suggestions to explore:

1. go to control panel, then user accounts - and make sure the id you use the computer under is listed as "administrator" under the group column. frankly I odubt this has anything to do with your issue, since you can burn data cd's just fine.

2. make sure you have initiated an audio cd project under Creator Classic (click file, new project, audio cd). the screen defaults to a data cd layout.

3. try dragging an audio track that you know has absolutely no drm restrictions on it to the bottom window. Look here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...1906499-8236131

I just now downloaded this particular free mp3 track and dragged it into an audio cd project project in V7. If this works ok for you - then the issue probably has to do with whatever drm restrictions exist in your stored audio tracks.

4. there was a comment elsewhere that sounded like using audio cd-r media might be an issue when burning downloaded audio tracks. This is not the case. Audio cd-r media works just fine on a computer and it has no clue what you are burning to it - it just costs more due to an additional tax since it has a code on it that permits it to be used in standalone component type cd burners (a scam perpetrated by the music companies to pick consumers pockets). Using audio cd-r media is a waste of money - but it does work on computers.

The files would have DRM (Digital Rights Management) code, which would control how you can use the files unless you record them as you download them (downloading to a CD-RW might be useful here) and then immediately rip them to your Hard Drive (the CD-RW can then be erased for re-use).

This is a situation which comes up often with legally downloaded files.

Lynn

So since I downloaded them to my hard drive and not a CD-RW, how can I burn these songs to a CD?

Hi, I had exactly the same problem when I came to using EMC7 after having to re-install. I downloaded the latest update and thank God, that seems to have fixed it. Even if you are running the latest version, might be worth downloading and overwriting to see if it fixes the problem with you too.

Hope you have some luck.

James

I suggest trying what James suggests. According to your original post, you don't have the lastest update for EMC 7.x. The update is over 100MB so depending on the internet connection you have it might take a while to download. The update you want for EMC 7 is: 7.1.1.189 ENU. That might solve your problem as it did in James situation.

Frank....

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, unable to put MP3 or WAV files into the Audio project. I have V7.5 and no updates are available for my version. I saw a comment in another thread about logging on as an Administrator? I cannot see an option to do this.

Data Disks are fine, but Audio ones just will not work. I know my music files are ok and legal and absolutely none of them work.

I have seen a lot of people with similar issues on this matter but not a resolution that fixes it so far. Any help greatly appreciated.

Ceratopholus,

Open Creator Classic help about. Here is your version #.

Updated versions for 7 and 7.5 below.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc7/software_updates.html

Update Easy Media Creator 7.5 (Boxed Version)

Update the Retail (CD-ROM) version of Easy Media Creator 7.5x suite to 7.5.2.49 (English Only)

Update Easy Media Creator 7 (Boxed Version)

Update the Retail (CD-ROM) version of Easy Media Creator 7.0x suite to 7.1.1.189 (English Only)

cdanteek

Audio CDs have special coding to enforce DRM (Digital Rights Management) and are required to burn from a music player. (Ironicly, it's "legal" files that have problems, because tagged with DRM code; illegal files don't have all that hassle.)

If you are using a computer, use Data discs. To a computer it's all data anyway.

Lynn

Archived