• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

When Using Trim, Project Gets Bigger Instead Of Smaller

jimagain

Question

I have a DVD project recorded from VHS tapes. When I try to trim a title using 'adjust duration' it gets larger instead of smaller and I am then unable to fit it to the DVD size in order to burn. Does anyone know how I can overcome this please? I also need to 'split' a title into two parts. Am I going to have a similar problem when I attempt this? Thanks and regards, Jim.

3 answers to this question

I have a DVD project recorded from VHS tapes. When I try to trim a title using 'adjust duration' it gets larger instead of smaller and I am then unable to fit it to the DVD size in order to burn. Does anyone know how I can overcome this please? I also need to 'split' a title into two parts. Am I going to have a similar problem when I attempt this? Thanks and regards, Jim.

What do you mean it gets larger? The actual file size means nothing. The length of time of the production is what matters. If it is over 1 hour in length, you won't fit it to a standard DVD at best quality. You can, however, burn it to an ISO file, instead of directily to a DVD, then burn it to a DVD with Disc Copier. It will compress the video to fit the DVD, but if it isn't too much over one hour, you won't notice any degradation in quality.

How did you get the VHS tapes to a DVD?

I have a complete set of 'BBC Tenko' series (10 episodes) on VHS tapes which I had not played. I copied the first four episodes to DVD using a Philips DVDR70. The total time (on two VHS tapes) is about four hours. I copied these using M4 as the record mode (better than VHS, 4 hours) on the DVDR70 to a RD/RW DVD. Epsiodes 3 and 4 are in one block which I want to split as two titles. The first two episodes are separate, but I want to trim start and end. As soon as I trim (adjust duration) the project goes over the top and is too large for the DVD (4.7G). Am I able to do what I want to do? One other thing, If I edit them on the DVDR70 they will no longer copy in to my project as they appear to be 'non standard' files to EMC7. Thanks and regards, Jim.

Archived