• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave Shutdown Problems

ramblin wreck

Question

I have downloaded about 300 photos from slides that I took thru the last 50 years into Video Wave. I made one DVD of these photos but found that many are out of sequence by subject and chronologically. I have made numerous revisions twice to get the photos in the right sequence and just as I am almost ready to burn the DVD for the revision, a Microsoft message comes on saying that Roxio Creator 8 must shut down and any changes I have made may be lost. When I turn RC 8 back on, all my changes are gone and the sequence has gone back to its original configuration. What am I doing wrong? Is it not possible to make changes in Video Wave or are the number of changes limited? I have just purchased RC 8 so am not too familiar yet.

Thanks,

6 answers to this question

Hi Bruce,

Thanks so much for your reminder to save and save often. That worked and I was able to retain my changes and get another DVD burned. I had inserted a lot of color panels among my photos and had intended to add text to these panels to give info about the photos but when I tried to add text, I was warned that text could only be inserted once for each program. What kind of software would only allow text one time. I couldn't believe it. If I knew before about the shortcomings of Roxio and their non-existant service, I would have never bought it.

Thanks again,

Art

You are welcome, but read the post by sknis. He is correct. There are 14 different tracks for adding different things, and there are two tracks for text. VideoWave is far superior to any of Roxio's competition. You just have to experiment a little to find out how versatile it is.

I have downloaded about 300 photos from slides that I took thru the last 50 years into Video Wave. I made one DVD of these photos but found that many are out of sequence by subject and chronologically. I have made numerous revisions twice to get the photos in the right sequence and just as I am almost ready to burn the DVD for the revision, a Microsoft message comes on saying that Roxio Creator 8 must shut down and any changes I have made may be lost. When I turn RC 8 back on, all my changes are gone and the sequence has gone back to its original configuration. What am I doing wrong? Is it not possible to make changes in Video Wave or are the number of changes limited? I have just purchased RC 8 so am not too familiar yet.

Thanks,

Save, and save often. Do that, especially before you go to burn it.

You can add as much text as you want. The trick is to add the text to an internal track. This text will display for as long as you want the color panel to display and stays with the color panel if you move it or add in additional images. Select the color panel and then select the icon to the far left of the row of icons. The internal track for that color panel will open (it will look yellow). Add the text to that panel. When you are satisfied, click that far left icon again and you will get back to the "normal" view.

Note that you will not see the text displayed so remember that it is there if case you decide at a later date that you don't want it. I can't tell you how many times I put an piece of music on an internal track and forgot it was there and thought that I kept getting phantom music.

Learning this piece of software can be frustrating. I've been using it for almost two years (version 7 and now version 8) and I'm still learning things. Many cases the help menu is not of help because of the jargon used. When you get frustrated, come back and post your question; we'll translate the jargon and hopefully get you some answers.

Thanks for the information, but I am not familiar with working in the internal tracks. I just bought EMC 8 and have lots to learn. So far, I have just been in the story book phase and no internal tracks are accessible there to my knowledge. I can put in panels there but can only add text once. I must have to work in another area to do what you are describing. I will continue to try to fathom the addition of text.

Maybe I will have to buy a microphone and try to add my info. by narrative. Then, I will probably just have more problems. So far, I find EMC 8 very complicated.

Thanks again,

ramblin wreck

You are close. I hope you are working in VideoWave. To go to the internal tracks, select an image and click on the icon at the far left just below the words production editor. That should open the internal track for that image. If you do not see a text track, click on the icon that has the plus and minus signs and select the text track to show. You will see other track that you can select also. It should look like this.

Thanks for the information, but I am not familiar with working in the internal tracks. I just bought EMC 8 and have lots to learn. So far, I have just been in the story book phase and no internal tracks are accessible there to my knowledge. I can put in panels there but can only add text once. I must have to work in another area to do what you are describing. I will continue to try to fathom the addition of text.

Maybe I will have to buy a microphone and try to add my info. by narrative. Then, I will probably just have more problems. So far, I find EMC 8 very complicated.

Thanks again,

ramblin wreck

Save, and save often. Do that, especially before you go to burn it.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks so much for your reminder to save and save often. That worked and I was able to retain my changes and get another DVD burned. I had inserted a lot of color panels among my photos and had intended to add text to these panels to give info about the photos but when I tried to add text, I was warned that text could only be inserted once for each program. What kind of software would only allow text one time. I couldn't believe it. If I knew before about the shortcomings of Roxio and their non-existant service, I would have never bought it.

Thanks again,

Art

You can add as much text as you want. The trick is to add the text to an internal track. This text will display for as long as you want the color panel to display and stays with the color panel if you move it or add in additional images. Select the color panel and then select the icon to the far left of the row of icons. The internal track for that color panel will open (it will look yellow). Add the text to that panel. When you are satisfied, click that far left icon again and you will get back to the "normal" view.

Note that you will not see the text displayed so remember that it is there if case you decide at a later date that you don't want it. I can't tell you how many times I put an piece of music on an internal track and forgot it was there and thought that I kept getting phantom music.

Learning this piece of software can be frustrating. I've been using it for almost two years (version 7 and now version 8) and I'm still learning things. Many cases the help menu is not of help because of the jargon used. When you get frustrated, come back and post your question; we'll translate the jargon and hopefully get you some answers.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks again,

Art

Archived