• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transitions In Videowave

dvsails

Question

Having a first stab at VideoWave in Creator 8 after using Creator 7 for the last year, I'm disappointed to see that most of my favorite transitions are gone. The lifting curtain, the opening gates, the disco ball etc. are all no more.

Is there a way to import/copy transitions from the Creator 7 CD into VideoWave 8 ? Or do I have to go back to vers. 7? :)

12 answers to this question

I know that in a previous version when the content disc was installed the program could not find it. The solution was to do an uninstall and then a reinstall and that fixed it.

I'm not sure that this will help but what screen resolution have you set. For best performance, you might try something like 1280 by 1024 (that allows you to dock your effects in VideoWave. If that is too small for you your can go down a notch or two.

Also, did you install the content disc? In v8 the content install is run separately using the 2nd disc (or 2nd downloaded file), it's not part of the install with the program disc like in v7.

Your welcome, but, keep an eye on your machine when working in MyDVD or Videowave. If some things, like pan & zoom for example, do not work or you experience other problems, you may have to go back to the software mode.

I think you're right. Here is what it says in the VideoWave specific issues section:

Quote:

"Do not change the rendering mode from Software to Hardware in the VideoWave Application Settings

The installation process analyzes your video card, to determine whether it supports Hardware rendering mode. If your video card supports Hardware mode, the installation process automatically sets the mode to Hardware; if it does not, the installation process sets the mode to Software.

If the installation process set the mode to Software, do not change it to Hardware. If you try to use Hardware mode when it is not supported by your video card, VideoWave may not run properly."

So far I've not had any problems but I'd sure like to know why my Radeon 7500 does not supposedly support the hardware mode. :)

As long as the graphics test defaults to software, you will not see the 3D transitions and some of the video effects. Is the card AGP, PCI or PCIe? One user posted that updating his AGP chipset drivers fixed his display problems.

It's an ATI Radeon 7500 AGP card. I've now checked for a MB bios update - but there is none.

I've installed the chipset drivers from nvidia and went through the bios settings making a few adjustments.

I've even re-installed the whole Creator 8 Suite from scratch.

The result is still the same: Graphic test defaults to 'software' and 3d or page turn transitions are not there.

Any ideas on what else a fellow can do to get this going? :)

It's an ATI Radeon 7500 AGP card. I've now checked for a MB bios update - but there is none.

I've installed the chipset drivers from nvidia and went through the bios settings making a few adjustments.

I've even re-installed the whole Creator 8 Suite from scratch.

The result is still the same: Graphic test defaults to 'software' and 3d or page turn transitions are not there.

Any ideas on what else a fellow can do to get this going? :)

In this thread, I have only read that you repeatedly tried the graphics test and each time it defaults to software. Have you tried simply selecting hardware mode rather than running the test? If you have installed the content disc and all drivers are up to date, it may work. You have nothing to lose by trying.

If you do not see all of the 3D transitions, it probably because your video card does not fully support DirectX. Launch Videowave and go to the TOOLS menu and select OPTIONS. Click on the Graphics Test button. If it defaults to 'software', your video card does not support those functions needed for the 3D transitions so they will not be available.

But to answer your question - no, you can not use the transitions from V7.

If you do not see all of the 3D transitions, it probably because your video card does not fully support DirectX. Launch Videowave and go to the TOOLS menu and select OPTIONS. Click on the Graphics Test button. If it defaults to 'software', your video card does not support those functions needed for the 3D transitions so they will not be available.

But to answer your question - no, you can not use the transitions from V7.

Yep, it defaults to 'Software'.

Any thoughts on why my ATI Radeon 7500 video card does not support the functions in V8 when it worked fine in V7?

I do have a lot of fades and wipes available but not the lifting curtains and opening gates etc.

:)

Yep, it defaults to 'Software'.

Any thoughts on why my ATI Radeon 7500 video card does not support the functions in V8 when it worked fine in V7?

I do have a lot of fades and wipes available but not the lifting curtains and opening gates etc.

:)

Your 7500 should work just fine. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

In this thread, I have only read that you repeatedly tried the graphics test and each time it defaults to software. Have you tried simply selecting hardware mode rather than running the test? If you have installed the content disc and all drivers are up to date, it may work. You have nothing to lose by trying.

THANKS !!! That did the trick! :D:):huh:

Bottom line: Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS and under 'Application Settings' - 'Render using:' select Hardware without doing the Graphic Test. (Doing the test sets it back to 'Software' in my case).

Every Category in the Effect Selector (except 'Custom') now has transitions showing.

Thanks for all the help! :D

THANKS !!! That did the trick! :D:):huh:

Bottom line: Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS and under 'Application Settings' - 'Render using:' select Hardware without doing the Graphic Test. (Doing the test sets it back to 'Software' in my case).

Every Category in the Effect Selector (except 'Custom') now has transitions showing.

Thanks for all the help! :D

Your welcome, but, keep an eye on your machine when working in MyDVD or Videowave. If some things, like pan & zoom for example, do not work or you experience other problems, you may have to go back to the software mode.

Your 7500 should work just fine. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

Checked the driver and it's up to date. Also checked if there is anything else on the CDs that I can install and there isn't.

In the 'Add Transition' selection I don't show anything under 'Page Turns', 3D, Distort or Custom.

Should those options be there?

How do I put transitions into the 'Custom' option? :)

Archived