Can't Preview Video Or Audio From My Capture Card

mmcelt1953

Question

I Just upgraded from SONIC My DVD 6 to ROXIO Media Creator 8. I have an Adaptec AVC-2010 Capture card which was supported in version 6. I can select it in version 8, but cannot see or hear the captured file. It does create a file, because I can view it after it is captured. What's up and is there a list of supported video capture cards for EMC8? Thanks...

4 answers to this question

I Just upgraded from SONIC My DVD 6 to ROXIO Media Creator 8. I have an Adaptec AVC-2010 Capture card which was supported in version 6. I can select it in version 8, but cannot see or hear the captured file. It does create a file, because I can view it after it is captured. What's up and is there a list of supported video capture cards for EMC8? Thanks...

You did not post your computer specification so this is a guess. Most (if not all) people who have problems "seeing" things in this program have an issue with their video card. Update the drivers for that card and see if you will see the capture. Please post your computer specs; if it is marginal or just at or below the minumum specifications, you need to take special care to make sure you have plenty of room on your defragged hard drive , that you are disconnected from the internet, that you shut down all running programs other than V8 (and those processes required by Windows) and that you have set your computer to best performance in Windows.

Post back please to let us know your progress.

I've got the same problem. I don't have my system specs (I'm on another computer now). It is interesting that when I capture from my SONY cam via firewire and specify AVI, I don't see the picture. When I specify MPEG, then I see the picture. As for the AVC-2010, I can capture ok, but not see the preview. I can also adjust the picture attributes using the filter (but I can't see what I'm doing until it is captured). So it looks like this card is half supported. I have the PCI version of this. None of this worked in EMC 7, so this is an improvement. I do have the latest directx 9c, the latest video drivers (ASUS 9600) and the latest avc-2010 drivers. This works with mysonic 5 which came with the AVC-2010 card.

I have the same problem as above, except that I updated from MYDvD VideOH! PVI with AVC-2010 Capture Card to Roxio Media Creator 8 and I only get the audio part of the capture. I hear nothing or see nothing on the preview screen. I'm running windows XP on a Dell XPS-400 with 117GB on my hard drive. I also updated the drivers for the video capture card.

i'don't believe it is supported in EMC 8. I have a Adaptac Video Oh USB capure device and I can use either the My DVD aor Intervideo software that that came w/ the product to capture. Once you capture you can videowave to edit and My DVD to create a DVD.

Archived