netmation

Roxio 10 No AVCHD support?

Question

Just looked at the new features of Roxio 10, is it correct that there is no support for AVCHD video from some of the newer HD Camcorders in the market? Or did I miss something.

Ok, I went back and reviewed the newsletter. Its pretty short and you quoted the entire article. Basically EMC 10 works with many video types and they wanted to make sure folks knew we can create projects and export video from AVCHD camcorders. Right now, we cant produce HD Video content on disc (like Blu-ray) but, like other new formats in the past, we will eventually support things like this.

Can EMC10 'create projects and export from AVCHD camcorders?? I can't get it to recognize AVCHD files from my. How do I do it? I don't care if I can't output and edited file in AVCHD format!!

The extension is .mts. I treat it as a file and try to import it

Won't let me open it in Video wave 'unsupported file type'

The extension is .mts. I treat it as a file and try to import it

Won't let me open it in Video wave 'unsupported file type'

Check out this discussion post.

Here's a quote from Tom at Roxio:

"To be clear... AVCHD is not supported in Creator 10. We are working to add support for AVCHD for a future release. VideoWave supports AVC (H.264) video, but I would not suggest trying to "work around" the problem of capturing / importing video from AVCHD camcorders. If you own an AVCHD camcorder and you want to use VideoWave you will want to wait for the next release of Easy Media Creator.

Of course VideoWave supports HDV camcorders, as well as MPEG-4 HD camcorders today. VideoWave can edit HD movies and output HD movies in MPEG-2, WMV or AVC."

Ok, I went back and reviewed the newsletter. Its pretty short and you quoted the entire article. Basically EMC 10 works with many video types and they wanted to make sure folks knew we can create projects and export video from AVCHD camcorders. Right now, we cant produce HD Video content on disc (like Blu-ray) but, like other new formats in the past, we will eventually support things like this.

Sounded as though Tom said they allowed 'export from AVCHD camcorders' somehow. Just got an upgrade for Ulead studeo 11 plus to 11.5 and handles AVCHD great both import and export. Too bad I do like EMC Carmen

Sounded as though Tom said they allowed 'export from AVCHD camcorders' somehow. Just got an upgrade for Ulead studeo 11 plus to 11.5 and handles AVCHD great both import and export. Too bad I do like EMC Carmen

You are no more disappointed than many of us.

FYI, here's a quote dated Sept 06 2007:

"[Roxio director of product management Tom ] Vaughan also says support for the up-and-coming AVCHD video format will added before the end of the year."

FYI, here's a quote dated Sept 06 2007:

"[Roxio director of product management Tom ] Vaughan also says support for the up-and-coming AVCHD video format will added before the end of the year."

You're not quoting from this article, are you? :rolleyes:

It would be great if that support is included in the next version.

Edited by malatekid

????????

The poster may be referring to Vista 64 bit and EMC 9.

The poster will be happy to note that EMC 10 works about as good as EMC 9 in 64 bit ! :rolleyes: so there i s no value in upgrading.

no ! AVCHD not suport ecm10 !!!

we must wait for ecm11 ! is not fear

Edited by helmiec

no ! AVCHD not suport ecm10 !!!

we must wait for ecm11 ! is not fear

Should have bought a video camera that does mpg files ! :P