• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Another Audio Dropping Topic

jmwilliams45

Question

I recently upgraded to EMC 8 (downloaded). I've updated by video and audio drivers, defraged, cleared temp files, increased virtual mem, and still during editing the audio files are dropping off. If I close vidiowave and restart I get get it to play but seems to happen again just later in the project. Always seems to happen as the audio switches between audio in a captured video (.avi) to the background music (.wav). Any Ideas!! Big project with 250-300 photos and captured vidio about 45 minutes total when complete.

Also - I close everything running in the background, disable antivirus blah, blah...

System info:

Dell 700m - PentM,1g Ram, 60g HD, sigmatel audio.

1 answer to this question

Sorry, the lack of a response so far probably means that there is not much we can suggest. That audio set up is a problem. I did find a update that was newer than the one I originally found-- the original. This one is dated Jan 2005. Is that the one you have? :)

Have you turned off all power saving features; most notebooks go into a power save mode even if you are plugged in and do not want it to power save.

Here is a long work around if you can't find any other way of doing it. I just did it so it is not really hard or difficult. Remove the music on the music track so you only have the native audio. Save that under a different name than the project you are working on. Now output that file to a DV best quality file (render) using the icon that looks like like an old time movie reel. Once that is finished open a new project and put that file into it and switch to the timeline view make sure the native sound track is showing. Now click the icon that looks like a right angle (edit audio envelop or something like that). The sound profile will build so that you can see where the is native sound is. Now add the music to the tracks (you can alternate sound, and another audio track if you wish). where you want it. You can lower the volume of the music track around the native track if you wish. I 'm guessing that this will work because the computer is really working only on adding the music and not doing "anything" with that video track. Good luck and post back with your results.

I recently upgraded to EMC 8 (downloaded). I've updated by video and audio drivers, defraged, cleared temp files, increased virtual mem, and still during editing the audio files are dropping off. If I close vidiowave and restart I get get it to play but seems to happen again just later in the project. Always seems to happen as the audio switches between audio in a captured video (.avi) to the background music (.wav). Any Ideas!! Big project with 250-300 photos and captured vidio about 45 minutes total when complete.

Also - I close everything running in the background, disable antivirus blah, blah...

System info:

Dell 700m - PentM,1g Ram, 60g HD, sigmatel audio.

Archived