varadero

DVD PLAYBACK ;SOUNDS

Question

:lol:

Good morning

While playing back my dvd on my dvd player (JVC) ,the sound (native)will stop playing for approx 2 to 3 sec and this will occur numerous time ...

Any suggestions...

I am sure my DVD player is OK never had such problems before

Varadero

4 answers to this question

Is the disc playing without stuttering on the computer or another set-top player?

Edited by gi7omy

I just recently re-loaded Roxio EMC 9 on my Vista notebook. I gave up 4 months ago because program would not load properly. Techs from Roxio, HP and Microsoft could not figure out what the heck was going on. I just gave up. Recently got my notebook back from warranty work, motherboard died. Thought I'd try loading EMC9 again (vista compatible according to box) and low and behold it loaded perfectly and have had no issues except one.......same issue as you, During playback of DVD burned on My DVD there is a 2 to 3 second "pop" and sound goes out. I had this issue on my last on my Dell notebook last year had the same issue. I think the problem had something to do with not finalizing the disc before exiting the task. Yes the pop occurs on any player the disc is played on. Thanks

We don't really know what issue the OP had - they haven't been back to let us know since that first post

Check your sound drivers - Vista handles audio completely differently to previous versions of Windows and there could well be upgraded drivers at the makers' website

Again - the finalisation may make a difference (I can't really say being a shade too far away from you to hear it :lol: ) but I'll ask the same question - does it play on anything else or is it just on the computer you get the problem?

We don't really know what issue the OP had - they haven't been back to let us know since that first post

Check your sound drivers - Vista handles audio completely differently to previous versions of Windows and there could well be upgraded drivers at the makers' website

Again - the finalisation may make a difference (I can't really say being a shade too far away from you to hear it :lol: ) but I'll ask the same question - does it play on anything else or is it just on the computer you get the problem?

Thanks, yes the problem exist on every device I play the dvd on. I hardly think its a driver issues because as I said, I had the same issue with EMC 9 (non vista) on my XP notebook. I will do more investigating, out of blank dvds so can't do much more tonight. And res assured I will get back to board for solution.