• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

petwir

-19004 at burn time

Question

I'm using Sonic MyDVD 6.2.0 623B17P for the first time on a computer I purchased brand new from Circut City just last year.

I composed my new DVD, and it plays back great in Sonic, but when I try to burn, it gets "invalid requested time -19004".

Google helped me find some other references to this on other chat boards, but no one had a clear solution to the problem.

Under the roxio online help systems, I saw a suggestion that IE7 might be the culpret? What if I don't want to uninstall IE7?

Would buying a more current version solve things?

Looking for some direction here... (I hope I'm in the right forums?)

Thanks, Pete

3 answers to this question

Guest ml

I'd suggest that you try uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 and when you restart your computer IE 6 will be automatically reinstalled.

Then see if you can burn with the Sonic program. If that solves the problem, then you'll have to make a decision on whether you want to use IE 7 or the Sonic program. IE 7 is made to work with Vista and many programs don't work with IE 7 or Vista.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest you try the computer manufacturer's website Support for solutions. They may have issued a software or firmware update that solves the problem.

When initiating the uninstall of IE7, it warns me about the long list of products and patches that have been applied after I installed IE7 (I installed IE7 when it first became available.) and warns of the fact that any or all of them could stop functioning if I proceed.

I'm not willing to take that chance. I'd rather purchase a software product that will work on WinXP with IE7 (Do you have any recommendations?) or borrow a friends computer that can do this one-time DVD project for me.

Pete

Edited by petwir

EMC 9.1 and EMC 10 are supposed to be compatible with all Vista components (that includes IE 7 and WinPlayer 11), and will also run on WinXP.

Or, there are no doubt a lot of other apps out there in the great beyond :huh:

Lynn