• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Back ups

rallycrawford

Question

Good Evening to all,

I've just installed version 10 on my machine, still have version 9 installed. Windows xp media centre edition. NO PROBLEMS yet. Both versions are working, no install issues. One question, how do I make a back up cd of the downloads ? The content is bigger than a cd.

I would like to put the content on 1 cd and the program on another.

Cheers Dave

11 answers to this question

Good Evening to all,

I've just installed version 10 on my machine, still have version 9 installed. Windows xp media centre edition. NO PROBLEMS yet. Both versions are working, no install issues. One question, how do I make a back up cd of the downloads ? The content is bigger than a cd.

I would like to put the content on 1 cd and the program on another.

Cheers Dave

You have to use a DVD.

I tried backing up the roxio 10 software, I had unpacked it and tried backing that up, but roxio 10 didnt' like that, I got the following error message

Folder Depth Validation Warning

one or more paths in this project exceed the maximum length allowed by the current file system, you may continue to burn this disc, but the files in these paths may not be readable.

("roxio\emc_content\program files\roxio\videoUI 10\content\dvd\16x9\backgrounds" plus others too.

Its a little bit funny that roxio's own software can't back its own software up.

Is there an easy way around this error, I'm using the default settings for creating a dvd in creator classic.

Trevor

The policy makers have blended the content in with the program to make things simpler.

I don't know if it's possible to separate them again, or if any contingencies have been made to help customers who don't have a DVD writer.

You can get the blend from Roxio on a DVD, but that probably won't help customers who don't have a DVD reader.

The policy makers have blended the content in with the program to make things simpler.

I don't know if it's possible to separate them again, or if any contingencies have been made to help customers who don't have a DVD writer.

You can get the blend from Roxio on a DVD, but that probably won't help customers who don't have a DVD reader.

Good point, if I didn't have a dvd writer I'd be stuck. It's a shame that They couldn't keep the file size down so it could be on a cd.

Actually the ISO and Joliet Standards were written for Win9x & NT.

Switch the File System to UDF and you will never have a problem with directory sub-levels or long file names again!

Life is good when you keep your thinking up to date…

That's why I asked about UDF No Bridge, in the vob post.

cd

Archived