No Sound During Video Capture using DVC90

bbyepub

Question

Using a Sony VAIO Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have installed the updated drivers from Pinnacle for the DVC90 that came with my Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe. I can capture video, but there is no sound. I have no options for selecting the audio input. When I inspect the Device Manager, it shows both the Dazzle DVC90 Audio and the Dazzle DVC90 Video Devices, and indicates that both are working correctly.

4 answers to this question

Using a Sony VAIO Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have installed the updated drivers from Pinnacle for the DVC90 that came with my Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe. I can capture video, but there is no sound. I have no options for selecting the audio input. When I inspect the Device Manager, it shows both the Dazzle DVC90 Audio and the Dazzle DVC90 Video Devices, and indicates that both are working correctly.

I have zero experience with Dazzle, myself, but I had the problem using video/audio inputs on my system. Some systems require the graphics and sound card to have a jumper cable connecting them, externally. I would suggest checking the volume controls for the RECRODING ITEMS through the Volume control icon found in Entertainment. Go through the audio section of the capture setup and be certain that your card is being recognized. Go back to the graphics portion and try again. Once satisfied that both Video and Audio information is correct, try capturing again.

I'm guessing by the lack of response that either no one knows what is wrong here and can offer any help, or that I just don't know what I'm talking about and everyone is being polite and not telling me.

Someone should drop by and offer a suggestion. I can't. I could never get the Dazzle 90 to work in EMC 8, EMC 8 Deluxe, EMC 9, or EMC 9 Deluxe. I put it back the the EMC 8 Deluxe box. :(

Archived