im going back to 9.1 very sorry roxio

darks1de

Question

Personally im using emc 10 but have kept drag to disc because i still have serveral discs open waiting to be filled if im honest with you a few minutes saved on dvd creation unless your running vista in my opinion 9.1 was better easier and worked,I have honestly ran in to so many problems most of which i admit were my pc software conflicts but im talking genuine every day tasks emc 10 should be easier not harder to use recovery tells you to to upgrade to version you already have ive backed up a data file of 1 gig took 1 hour and progress bar didnt move so i canceled event toook over an hour and didnt cancel so had to hard reset sorry but this is not what i call stable software,ecm9.1 with bump i get no problems with.I backed up using ghost instead took 63 minutes to back up 156 gig and verify the back up,I think im going back to 9.1 very sorry roxio this software is not release grade.

1 answer to this question

Personally im using emc 10 but have kept drag to disc because i still have serveral discs open waiting to be filled if im honest with you a few minutes saved on dvd creation unless your running vista in my opinion 9.1 was better easier and worked,I have honestly ran in to so many problems most of which i admit were my pc software conflicts but im talking genuine every day tasks emc 10 should be easier not harder to use recovery tells you to to upgrade to version you already have ive backed up a data file of 1 gig took 1 hour and progress bar didnt move so i canceled event toook over an hour and didnt cancel so had to hard reset sorry but this is not what i call stable software,ecm9.1 with bump i get no problems with.I backed up using ghost instead took 63 minutes to back up 156 gig and verify the back up,I think im going back to 9.1 very sorry roxio this software is not release grade.

The first time I ran the program to copy a DVD, I noticed that the progress bar at first started to move but then it stopped. I let it go for a while and then the progress bar moved quite a bit and then stopped again. I contined to watch it and I finally realized that the progress bar does not run a continuous path. Instead it starts, stops, starts and continues this way (but when it starts each time it moves quite a bit) but the copy procedure worked all O.K.

It's just that I was used to seeing a continuous prograss bar. No big deal, as long as the programs does what it's supposed to. The last copy I did was a DVD copy that was slightly over one hour and it took about 18 minutes to finish on my particular computer running Vista Home Premium.

I think the time it takes certainly has a lot to do with your computer processor, DVD drive, type media used and the length of the copy. So far I have only copied to DVD media that is 4.7GB and haven't tried any DL media yet.

Frank...

Archived