• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dual DVD Writers - Defaults to Internal for Source & Target

LGLDSR

Question

I have a G5 with an internal DVD writer as well as an external (FW) writer. When duplicating CD's or DVD's, Toast will default to the internal for both the Source and Target.

Where within Toast can I tell it to use the Internal as the Source and the external as the Target?

Thanks,

Lyman

4 answers to this question

I haven't had any issue with this. I select the external drive as the target by clicking the name of the drive at the bottom of the Toast window. After that it always defaults to that drive.

It is not seeing that second external FW drive as the Target. For that matter, regardless of which I select as the Source, it will always eject that disc at the end of recording and ask me to insert a blank disc.

Is there nowhere to select a Source/Target drive?

Many thanks,

Lyman

It is not seeing that second external FW drive as the Target. For that matter, regardless of which I select as the Source, it will always eject that disc at the end of recording and ask me to insert a blank disc.

Is there nowhere to select a Source/Target drive?

Many thanks,

Lyman

You select the source drive in the Copy window. You select the Target drive in the Recorder Settings window or by clicking the name of the drive at the bottom of the Toast window next to the big button.

Maybe it isn't seeing that a second drive is connected. In the Apple menu choose About this Mac... and then click More Info... This launches System Profiler. Click Disc Burning. Are both of your drives showing up there?

Archived