• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ElvisLives

JVC Everio camcorder & .MOD files - DVD authoring

Question

This is more an FYI than a request for information, but if anyone has any corrections, anything to add that would make the following process more efficient, I'd appreciate it.

I've found that using Toast 7 Titanium on a Mac Powerbook (G4 1.33 GHz, 1.25GB RAM) to burn ".MOD" files from my JVC Everio GZ-MC100 4GB microdrive camcorder is very easy - the best solution yet that I've found for authoring DVD's for friends and family.

The Everio records to MPEG-2 format, which is the same format used for DVD movies. Since the recorded format is the same as the final format, I've been looking for a solution that didn't require conversion of the files. Toast 7 Titanium works great in this regard. Note that my previous version, Toast 6 Titanium, did not, as it wanted to convert the files even though no conversion should be necessary.

Note that it is not necessary to rename the file extensions - many solutions require renaming the ".MOD" extension to something else, but I've been using the .MOD extension with no problems here.

3 answers to this question

I've found that using Toast 7 Titanium on a Mac Powerbook (G4 1.33 GHz, 1.25GB RAM) to burn ".MOD" files from my JVC Everio GZ-MC100 4GB microdrive camcorder is very easy - the best solution yet that I've found for authoring DVD's for friends and family.

I too own a JVC with MOD files on it. I want to use Toast 7,

but it presents me with a major obstacle:

- In the Video tab area, after I add files,

how do I create chapters from the many shootings, when several of these belong together?

Thanks.

I too own a JVC with MOD files on it. I want to use Toast 7,

but it presents me with a major obstacle:

- In the Video tab area, after I add files,

how do I create chapters from the many shootings, when several of these belong together?

Thanks.

I don't have that device but have you tried adding videos via the Media Browser rather than dragging directly to the Video window. Choose DVD with the top button of the Media browser. Does anything appear in the browser window?