• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Deleted audio files being recovered automatically in trash and track info vanishing

terry styles

Question

There are several wierd things going on with my toast 8: after burning a cd and trashing the files or even leaving file copies in my mac hd, the files magically re-appear in the mac trash shortly afterwards as "recovered files" which then have to be deleted again...

Also when extracting individual tracks from a cd to toast then exporting to mac hd or desktop: artist and track info quite often disappears when dragging the tracks back to toast to burn a compilation,

leaving just "track 6.aif" or something.

You can click on the path to find what it used to be called but it's bloody irritating and was never a problem in my old version of titanium (when I rode a chariot to school etc).

Lastly are the VU meters on Toast actually any use? Pretty much any hotly mastered track ( hip hop, electro or rock) peaks them out...so are they just for show?

4 answers to this question

There are several wierd things going on with my toast 8: after burning a cd and trashing the files or even leaving file copies in my mac hd, the files magically re-appear in the mac trash shortly afterwards as "recovered files" which then have to be deleted again...

I've never seen this on my system.

Also when extracting individual tracks from a cd to toast then exporting to mac hd or desktop: artist and track info quite often disappears when dragging the tracks back to toast to burn a compilation, leaving just "track 6.aif" or something. You can click on the path to find what it used to be called but it's bloody irritating and was never a problem in my old version of titanium (when I rode a chariot to school etc).

I just tested with a track extracted by Toast from an audio CD and the artist/album/info is present reegardless of it being an AIFF, AAC, FLAC or Ogg Vorbis export. Or are you not exporting the track after Toast extracts it? If so, where is the track you are bringing back into Toast?

Lastly are the VU meters on Toast actually any use? Pretty much any hotly mastered track ( hip hop, electro or rock) peaks them out...so are they just for show?

I agree they seem to peak too easily.

I either export tracks from toast to the desktop or to a folder inside mac hd. I can have a track - e.g 'The Awesome Band-I'm so awesome' in my folder, but when I drag it onto toast that info will sometimes totally vanish leaving only track number and file format...when you extract from a cd then export and close toast, do you always 'save all changes' to the disc?

I rarely save my Toast projects because they point to a file's location. If I move or delete the file then the saved project file list is gone. With audio CDs I sometimes choose Save as Disc Image so the entire project gets written as an .sd2f file that Toast can reopen properly in the Audio window.

I just tested again and it made no difference if I quit and reopened Toast. The info appeared when I dragged the exported track back to Toast.

I rarely save my Toast projects because they point to a file's location. If I move or delete the file then the saved project file list is gone. With audio CDs I sometimes choose Save as Disc Image so the entire project gets written as an .sd2f file that Toast can reopen properly in the Audio window.

I just tested again and it made no difference if I quit and reopened Toast. The info appeared when I dragged the exported track back to Toast.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll try that disc image thang, I'm pretty steamed at Roxio though, Toast 8 is still quite problematic and judging by other forum submissions pretty goofy with other features: bring back Titanium !

Archived