MediaImport

challenger

Question

On 9/7 I removed EMC9 from Vista computer and installed EMC10. The installation was without problems.

After computer restart, I opened VideoWave and then MediaImport, and could get video and audio from DVC90. (I could not get audio using EMC9) and thought this was a fixed problem.

I have been using MyDVD since then.

However today, I opened VideoWave and Import Media to evaluate capture quality and got the Runtime error.

Had to close both apps with task manger.

I tried to do a repair but it failed (missing file). I then reinstalled EMC10, but I get the same runtime error.

Jim

9/9 After rebooting, I opened MediaImport from the EMC10 Suite, and the DVC capture worked correctly.

I will try the original way next time I reboot, to see if it is repeatable.

Jim

2 answers to this question

I tried to do a repair but it failed (missing file). I then reinstalled EMC10, but I get the same runtime error.

Jim

Just for your information, in case you need to try a repair again at some time: If you have the downloaded EMC 10 installation file, then before trying a repair, extract the contents of the installation file to a convenient folder (use Winzip or similar). Then when the repair wants a file, point it to that folder (or appropriate subfolder) using the browse button. During the installation of EMC 10, the install will have extracted the files to a temp folder, so you could also check whether that is still there (not sure whether the install clears it at the end of the install process).

Just for your information, in case you need to try a repair again at some time: If you have the downloaded EMC 10 installation file, then before trying a repair, extract the contents of the installation file to a convenient folder (use Winzip or similar). Then when the repair wants a file, point it to that folder (or appropriate subfolder) using the browse button. During the installation of EMC 10, the install will have extracted the files to a temp folder, so you could also check whether that is still there (not sure whether the install clears it at the end of the install process).

Thanks for the information. I do believe the the missing file was in a temp directory, which would indicate the temp files are deleted.

Archived