• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC9 won't write a video DVD that plays on set-top box

Byron W

Question

I am new to making Video DVDs. Easy Media 9 (Download version) was installed and 7 attempts with the same file, using different extensions (Converted using Super V2007 Build 23 (July 4, 2007), to make a DVD that would play on a Samsung Model DVD-M101, none of them would. (All converted versions were checked with GSpot V2.70a for Codex installation) Nero Version 7.10.1.0 was installed and using the same unconverted file as before made another DVD this played on the Samsung device. Easy Media 9 was then uninstalled, using the “Clean Installation of Easy Media Creator” procedure, and reinstalled. A different file was used for another DVD; this would not play on the Samsung device. That Roxio DVD was then imported to the Nero program and a new DVD was made. The new DVD plays on the Samsung and all three computers at this location. All DVD burn programs are on the same XP Pro machine. Any idea why the DVDs made with Media Creator 9 won’t play on the Samsung?

3 answers to this question

Byron,

There are two processes you're talking about here, (1) converting to DVD, and (2) burning to disc.

It seems that you are saying none of the DVDs you are burning with EMC 9 will play on the set-top player, but at least one of those -"That Roxio DVD" - would play when it was burned with Nero instead.

Is that correct? If so, can you please detail what Roxio program in the EMC9 suite you are using to actually burn the disc, and how you're doing it?

Regards,

Brendon

I am new to making Video DVDs. Easy Media 9 (Download version) was installed and 7 attempts with the same file, using different extensions (Converted using Super V2007 Build 23 (July 4, 2007), to make a DVD that would play on a Samsung Model DVD-M101, none of them would. (All converted versions were checked with GSpot V2.70a for Codex installation) Nero Version 7.10.1.0 was installed and using the same unconverted file as before made another DVD this played on the Samsung device. Easy Media 9 was then uninstalled, using the “Clean Installation of Easy Media Creator” procedure, and reinstalled. A different file was used for another DVD; this would not play on the Samsung device. That Roxio DVD was then imported to the Nero program and a new DVD was made. The new DVD plays on the Samsung and all three computers at this location. All DVD burn programs are on the same XP Pro machine. Any idea why the DVDs made with Media Creator 9 won’t play on the Samsung?

I am setting here reading thru these issues because I have the exact same problem. I have been trying to burn some movies I made on my DV camcorder for 4 weeks now with Roxio and have yet to make one that will play on my DVD player that is attached to my TV.

Now, I can take the same saved movie from my files and have no trouble burning it on Windows Movie Maker. My computer is almost new. It is an HP DV 6000 note book with Vista Home Premium and a DUO processor. lots of memory and speed. I am very unhappy. I paid an extra 100 bucks for software that does not do what it is advertised to do. There is nothing easy about it. i have been doing trial and error over and over. I even bought a BOOK on Roxio Creator * and read it front to back.

What is it we don't know? All of us thAT ARE EXPERIENCING THIS SAME PROBLEM, THAT IS?????

I am setting here reading thru these issues because I have the exact same problem. I have been trying to burn some movies I made on my DV camcorder for 4 weeks now with Roxio and have yet to make one that will play on my DVD player that is attached to my TV.

Now, I can take the same saved movie from my files and have no trouble burning it on Windows Movie Maker. My computer is almost new. It is an HP DV 6000 note book with Vista Home Premium and a DUO processor. lots of memory and speed. I am very unhappy. I paid an extra 100 bucks for software that does not do what it is advertised to do. There is nothing easy about it. i have been doing trial and error over and over. I even bought a BOOK on Roxio Creator * and read it front to back.

What is it we don't know? All of us thAT ARE EXPERIENCING THIS SAME PROBLEM, THAT IS?????

Try burning, using Software rendering, in MyDVD. Your notebook more than likely doesn't have a video chip that is up to snuff for the software, although I would think that it should be.

Archived