• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Question about EMC9 Label Creator

John in PS

Question

9 answers to this question

Can't get it to paste in Label Creator 10 (EMC 10). The pic is in my clipboard but no matter where in label creator I click, then Edit/paste, or roght click paste, nothing gets pasted (the paste command is active, i.e. not greyed out). What am I donig wrong?

Here is my method: I right click on the image I want to copy, click Copy in the context menu, then right click on the layout area white space next to the picture of the disk, booklet, insert, etc. in Label Creator 9 (EMC Version 9 Deluxe). Make sure you try to paste in the white space; it won't work for me if I try to paste directly onto the picture of the disk, booklet, insert, etc. Once it is pasted, then I drag it over on to the picture. I just tried it with grandpabruce's picture again, a picture from a webpage, a picture from the My Pictures folder, and a picture from a free graphics website, and they all pasted in Label Creator.

Oddly, when I drag and drop gpbruce's picture from the forum page to Label Creator, it does allow me to drop either directly on to the image or in the white space surrounding it -- not just in the white space as with copy and paste.

Thank you very much! I may try an upgrade after all... :)

You're welcome. Enjoy your upgrade :)

I had tried the methods you describe yesterday and they would not work; tried again today after reading your further comments and now it works in EMC 10 also :-)

Either I was asleep yesterday, or for some reason my mouse clicks were not registering, or Label Creator turned stroppy on me. Anyway, thanks for persevering with my education :-)

Glad you got it to work ... I have learned a lot from your posts, so it makes me feel good to be able to share a little back :)

karri

Here is my method: I right click on the image I want to copy, click Copy in the context menu, then right click on the layout area white space next to the picture of the disk, booklet, insert, etc. in Label Creator 9 (EMC Version 9 Deluxe). Make sure you try to paste in the white space; it won't work for me if I try to paste directly onto the picture of the disk, booklet, insert, etc. Once it is pasted, then I drag it over on to the picture. I just tried it with grandpabruce's picture again, a picture from a webpage, a picture from the My Pictures folder, and a picture from a free graphics website, and they all pasted in Label Creator.

Hey, thanks Karri!! Just want you to know I learned something here from you. I could not get a picture to copy and paste for me recently in label creator. Now I know the trick!! I guess it makes sense since when adding a text box, it is always added outside the label area. Thanks again so much for the tip. I LOVE these boards!!

RCD74

Hey, thanks Karri!! Just want you to know I learned something here from you. I could not get a picture to copy and paste for me recently in label creator. Now I know the trick!! I guess it makes sense since when adding a text box, it is always added outside the label area. Thanks again so much for the tip. I LOVE these boards!!

RCD74

Hey RCD74,

Thanks for letting me know it helped you., Yep, lots of helpful info on these boards for sure :)

karri

Hi,

I have Label Creator 9 in EMC 9 Deluxe and I just tried copying and pasting grandpabruce's adorable grandchildren picture and seems to work fine. The picture pasted no problem and shows up in the Print Preview window. Hope this helps.

~karri

Hi,

I have Label Creator 9 in EMC 9 Deluxe and I just tried copying and pasting grandpabruce's adorable grandchildren picture and seems to work fine. The picture pasted no problem and shows up in the Print Preview window. Hope this helps.

~karri

Thank you very much! I may try an upgrade after all... :)

Oddly, when I drag and drop gpbruce's picture from the forum page to Label Creator, it does allow me to drop either directly on to the image or in the white space surrounding it -- not just in the white space as with copy and paste.

I had tried the methods you describe yesterday and they would not work; tried again today after reading your further comments and now it works in EMC 10 also :-)

Either I was asleep yesterday, or for some reason my mouse clicks were not registering, or Label Creator turned stroppy on me. Anyway, thanks for persevering with my education :-)

Archived