Question about EMC10 Label Creator

John in PS

Question

9 answers to this question

My question is whether you can Paste an image into a label from the clipboard without having to first save it to disk.
no V10 does not support that. To check, I tried several photo editors and copied an image to the clipboard and LabelCreator 10 would not paste the image although the 'paste' was activated.

It does'nt from edit paste but if you right click then paste it does.
Doesn't work for me. I've been testing using the default CD/DVD label. Nothing I've tried works from teh clipboard.

Karri states in the other thread:

Here is my method: I right click on the image I want to copy, click Copy in the context menu,
But she doesn't say what application she is using for the copy of the first image. I have tried to copy an image from Photosuite 10, Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 and Ulead Photo Impact 11. I can not Edit/Paste or right button/Paste into Label Creator 10 on any template (CD/DVD, booklet, etc). I've also tried PrintScreen which will copy the current desktop to the clipboard and pasting that works fine with any of the photo editors, but can not paste into Lable Creator 10.

Not sure what you mean by adding directly, this is a screen shot of a label I test started in EMC 10 Label Creator. I have photos all over my computer in folders I save. I just clicked on "Add Image" on the options and then expanded the photo to cover the entire disc. Works pretty slick. I'm not sure if you can drag and drop the image. Never tried that, but it really wouldn't matter any way, as it just inserts easily using the program.

Frank...

Yes, very odd. I don't use IE except for windows updates and certainly don't use it to view my images. Must be the format those apps use in the clipboard or something.

Yes you are right, it doesn't work from image-editing applications (none that I have anyway). My thought is that the utility in being able to copy and paste from IE is if you are copying a cd for personal use as a backup, and want to put the album cover on the label. You could just go find a picture of the album cover and copy and paste it into your Label Creator file without having to save it to your computer. I don't know if this is a copyright infringement, but as long as it is for personal use, it might be ok. Also, for those who like to add clip art and what not to their labels, it would facilitate grabbing images from graphics websites and pasting directly onto a label. Drag and drop and copy and paste work in Firefox, too.

One place you might find it helpful is dragging and dropping or copying and pasting from your pictures folder. Open your folder containing the pictures you are considering using, and just drag and drop them into Label Creator. Makes changing your mind easier :)

Doesn't work for me. I've been testing using the default CD/DVD label. Nothing I've tried works from teh clipboard.

Karri states in the other thread:

But she doesn't say what application she is using for the copy of the first image. I have tried to copy an image from Photosuite 10, Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 and Ulead Photo Impact 11. I can not Edit/Paste or right button/Paste into Label Creator 10 on any template (CD/DVD, booklet, etc). I've also tried PrintScreen which will copy the current desktop to the clipboard and pasting that works fine with any of the photo editors, but can not paste into Lable Creator 10.

Yes, I found the same trying copy to the clipboard from Paintshop pro. Also did not work copy from MS paint or MS Word.

But right click copy on the image file in Windows Explorer works (tried jpg, bmp, gif, png) as does right click copy on an image in a web page in IE (the example Karri gave).

Drag image file from Windows Explorer works. Drag image from a web page works.

Once the image is in Label creator, right click copy/ paste works.

Very odd.

post-112-1191090740.png

Not sure what you mean by adding directly, this is a screen shot of a label I test started in EMC 10 Label Creator. I have photos all over my computer in folders I save. I just clicked on "Add Image" on the options and then expanded the photo to cover the entire disc. Works pretty slick. I'm not sure if you can drag and drop the image. Never tried that, but it really wouldn't matter any way, as it just inserts easily using the program.

Frank...

My question is whether you can Paste an image into a label from the clipboard without having to first save it to disk. Thanks.

Archived