• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rey A's problem

Rey A

Question

I am having problems buring a project from My DVD to a DVD. I have the project completed but when I go to burn it the program says not enough disk space. The dvd is 4.7 GB and the project is a meager 800 MB. What could be the problem? I just bought EMC 9. I had EMC 7 before. I did complete one slideshow project and it worked well. :( ????

2 answers to this question

I am having problems buring a project from My DVD to a DVD. I have the project completed but when I go to burn it the program says not enough disk space. The dvd is 4.7 GB and the project is a meager 800 MB. What could be the problem? I just bought EMC 9. I had EMC 7 before. I did complete one slideshow project and it worked well. :( ????

There propably is no problem at all. File size is not very important when burning to a DVD. The important factor is the time length of you video production. A standard 4.7GB DVD will only hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. What format is your 800MB video file?

Instead of burning directly to DVD burn to a an image file (iso) first and then use DiscCopier to burn that iso file to the DVD. DiscCopier transcodes the video to fit on the DDVD without much loss of quality.

There propably is no problem at all. File size is not very important when burning to a DVD. The important factor is the time length of you video production. A standard 4.7GB DVD will only hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. What format is your 800MB video file?

Instead of burning directly to DVD burn to a an image file (iso) first and then use DiscCopier to burn that iso file to the DVD. DiscCopier transcodes the video to fit on the DDVD without much loss of quality.

The 800 MB consist of two MPEG movies of a baby shower of about 5 to 6 minutes apiece with a menu screen. I have another problem now, I can't add text to the menu screen where I should have the navgation buttons. The text part went blank and when I try to add text I can't see what I am typing.

Your advice on burning is over my head!!

Rey

Archived