Runtime errors

JayPeeBee

Question

Hi, just installed roxio 10 and rebooted...

I could not start videowave application or mydvd or mydvd express

a warning display box show a microsoft visual c++ runtime library

in a roxwizardlauncher10.exe files with R6025 --- pure virtual fonction call !

anyone can help me ...

thank's !

17 answers to this question

Are you also running a French version? If not, then you don't have the same problem

My product asked me what language to use and I chose English, but let me say that I have the identical problem as described in this thread. I have also done some research / playing around to see if I can find a way around it. Oh, I run Windows XP SP2, on a 2 GB RAM Athlon 64 X2 system on an ASUS A8S-X motherboard.

The first thing I tried was to uninstall Media Player 11. This performs a rollback to Media Player 10. I also unistalled the Windows Media Format 11 Runtime. The reason I tried this was because the dll mentioned in the above post is part of Media Player 11. Rolling back sort of works. I can now launch MyDVD and even build everything, but when it is time to 'burn' a new problem occurs. The video encodes just fine along with any previews I might have, but when it attempts to encode the Menu, the application goes into a 'hanging' state or some sort of infinite loop. The hard drive light goes off an on, and I notice in the Task Manager a variance in processing time on the Roxio app. Memory gets allocated/delallocated, but nothing else happens no matter how long I wait. Next, I saved the project, deleted the menu file it uses, and although I get a black screen for the menu, I can then 'burn' the DVD 'successfully'.

So, I began to wonder if it was just my machine configuration, so I installed the product on my son's computer, which has identical specs to mine, except the video card. I have an ATi X1950XT and he has an ATi X1600XT, but we both use Catalyst 7.7. His system produced the same error others on this thread have mentioned just like mine, but when I rolled back Media Player 11 to 10, MyDVD works just fine.

Any ideas?

Did you try a repair installation after rolling back to WMP 10? Sometimes that works

I haven't yet, but I wondered about it. It would seem Media Player 11 should be ok, but if I can get Roxio to cooperate with 10 then that would be fine.

I forgot to mention that somewhere in the process of rolling back to 10, I believe before I uninstalled the Windows Media Format 11 Runtime, I got the Pure Virtual call error described in the original post. So, I've seen both symptoms described.

My product asked me what language to use and I chose English, but let me say that I have the identical problem as described in this thread. I have also done some research / playing around to see if I can find a way around it. Oh, I run Windows XP SP2, on a 2 GB RAM Athlon 64 X2 system on an ASUS A8S-X motherboard.

The first thing I tried was to uninstall Media Player 11. This performs a rollback to Media Player 10. I also unistalled the Windows Media Format 11 Runtime. The reason I tried this was because the dll mentioned in the above post is part of Media Player 11. Rolling back sort of works. I can now launch MyDVD and even build everything, but when it is time to 'burn' a new problem occurs. The video encodes just fine along with any previews I might have, but when it attempts to encode the Menu, the application goes into a 'hanging' state or some sort of infinite loop. The hard drive light goes off an on, and I notice in the Task Manager a variance in processing time on the Roxio app. Memory gets allocated/delallocated, but nothing else happens no matter how long I wait. Next, I saved the project, deleted the menu file it uses, and although I get a black screen for the menu, I can then 'burn' the DVD 'successfully'.

So, I began to wonder if it was just my machine configuration, so I installed the product on my son's computer, which has identical specs to mine, except the video card. I have an ATi X1950XT and he has an ATi X1600XT, but we both use Catalyst 7.7. His system produced the same error others on this thread have mentioned just like mine, but when I rolled back Media Player 11 to 10, MyDVD works just fine.

Any ideas?

Whatever you do, don't update to the Cat 7.9's. I just came from another forum where folks said the 7.9's freeze up their systems.

I'am having exatly the same problems lonching MyDVD, MyDVD Express and received exactly the same error messages. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Are you also running a French version? If not, then you don't have the same problem

Whatever you do, don't update to the Cat 7.9's. I just came from another forum where folks said the 7.9's freeze up their systems.

I had the same problem when I installed creator 10.

I have rolled back to mideia palyer 10 plus had to get some updates for it from microsoft update and now easy creator works.

I hope this helps.

After re-installed and rebooted, nothing better this is the message that is receive when opening my dvd express ;

AppName: roxwizardlauncher10.exe AppVer: 10.0.1.15 ModName: wmvdecod.dll

ModVer: 11.0.5721.5145 Offset: 0002f5a2

followed by the typical message explaining the roxio must close...

I'am having exatly the same problems lonching MyDVD, MyDVD Express and received exactly the same error messages. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Having these problems/errors with English EMC 10 with XP Pro SP2 English. I do not think that the langauge version is the problem.

Rolled back midea player 11 and still having the problem?

Hi, just installed roxio 10 and rebooted...

I could not start videowave application or mydvd or mydvd express

a warning display box show a microsoft visual c++ runtime library

in a roxwizardlauncher10.exe files with R6025 --- pure virtual fonction call !

anyone can help me ...

thank's !

Have you found an answer to your problem yet. I just downloaded, clean installed four times, and I still get runtime errors. I can't get into any of the programs at all. I have been on the phone with tech support and have not had any luck. I am about to give up on it. I have Vista Ultimate.

After re-installed and rebooted, nothing better this is the message that is receive when opening my dvd express ;

AppName: roxwizardlauncher10.exe AppVer: 10.0.1.15 ModName: wmvdecod.dll

ModVer: 11.0.5721.5145 Offset: 0002f5a2

followed by the typical message explaining the roxio must close...

Have a look at my post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=27504

Have you found an answer to your problem yet. I just downloaded, clean installed four times, and I still get runtime errors. I can't get into any of the programs at all. I have been on the phone with tech support and have not had any luck. I am about to give up on it. I have Vista Ultimate.

Post the problem in the following thread. I think that Roxio is working on a fix.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...=28419&st=0

The only thing I can use for now is video converter and burn it on dvd with a menu from ... -

Still working on ...

The problems are on all _ " MyDVD ... " from any menu ...

Did I said that i'm using the french version of windows and of roxio 10 ( french too ! ) - maybe it could help to find a trace of ...

Thank You !

Archived