• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD+RW or DVD+R

dearcandi

Question

I am not completely familiar with DVD+RW discs, but why do I always have to erase what is already on the disc before I can add new files to it?

I am using the DVD+RW format to store numerous e-mails related to my online business, and I want to be able to re-open these e-mails periodically to send new replies to my customers. I thought this format would be preferable to regular DVD+R discs, but not if I have to constantly erase the whole disc just to add more data to it.

Would I be better off using just the DVD+R for this purpose or is there another option for storing data that would alllow me to re-open and edit my e-mails as needed?

dearcandi

1 answer to this question

If your using Creator Classic your closing the disc, check box on the burn screen read only. You need to leave it open, from Creator Classic Help.

Under ' Working with data discs Adding data to an appendable disc '

If you have an existing data disc that was created with Creator Classic and the disc was not closed or recorded as a “Read-only Disc,” you can add additional data to the disc.

To add data to the disc:

In the Projects area, click Data Disc to start a new Data Disc project.

Insert the disc you want to add data to into your recorder.

Click Import Data from an appendable disc.

The data on the disc is imported from the disc and added to the Project area.

Continue as you normally would when making a data disc. This includes adding files and folders to your project, and then burning your disc.

See also:

•About working with data discs

•Retrieving files from a multi-disc data project

•Recording a multi-disc data project

cd

Archived