JVC MG21u

Bill J.

Question

Hello, and Good Morning:

Does anyone know if JVC Everio G Series, GZ-MG21u works (or will work) with the new Media Creator Version 10 that has just been released?

My JVC hard disc video camera has been really great in taking good, quality videos, but the only software, unfortuantely, to operate or work movie with the camera has been CyberLink Power Director.

About the only thing I can get to recognize the images is Windows Media Player. But have no way of doing a movie from the captured video.

I have Roxio Creator 9 installed on my computer, and have had minimal problems with the software (mostly problems were my own fault).

I also have every Roxio Version since V5, and have been very pleased with all of the results that I have received.

I am contimplating buying Roxio Creator Version 10, Suite.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bill J

10 answers to this question

Nothing has changed in V10 as far as the JVC camcorders. When you connect the JVC camcorder, it should show up in MY COMPUTER as an external hard drive. Just use Explorer to copy the .MOD files and renamed the files with the .MPG extension. Then Videowave will be able to use the files. Hope you know hexidecimal math. lol That's how the files are numbered. Explorer and Media Manager do not sort these files correctly.

Well we have changed a couple things about Media Import in order to provide better support for flash and DVD based camcorders, and possibly HDD based camcorders like this JVC model. You can give EMC 10 a try and if it doesn't work then Gary's suggestion is probably the right way to go.

Guest ivanatrox

In Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the box for Hide extension for known file types then click OK.

After that, you should be able to see the .mod extension and change it to .mpg

Ivan

Good Morning Ivan:

I followed your suggestion. Went into Windows explorer, and unchecked "Hide Extension For Known File Types". Clicked O.K.

Where do I go from here to see / change the .mod extension and change it to .mpg???

I have opened VideoWave, after unchecking "Hide Extension For Known File Types", then click on "Insert Video/Photos", then go to the folder on my desktop where the clips from the JVC are stored / located, and still get the message "There are no media files to match the filter settings", etc.

Any additional steps are greatly appreciated, as I feel I am much farther along than I have ever been in resolving the problem.

Thanks again for all of you guys helping!!

Bill

Good Morning Ivan:

I followed your suggestion. Went into Windows explorer, and unchecked "Hide Extension For Known File Types". Clicked O.K.

Where do I go from here to see / change the .mod extension and change it to .mpg???

I have opened VideoWave, after unchecking "Hide Extension For Known File Types", then click on "Insert Video/Photos", then go to the folder on my desktop where the clips from the JVC are stored / located, and still get the message "There are no media files to match the filter settings", etc.

Any additional steps are greatly appreciated, as I feel I am much farther along than I have ever been in resolving the problem.

Bill

You would use Windows Explorer to go into that folder and change the .MOD extensions to .MPG before opening videowave.

Good Morning Ivan:

Bill

Just use Windows folder view to rename the files before you open Video Wave.

Nothing has changed in V10 as far as the JVC camcorders. When you connect the JVC camcorder, it should show up in MY COMPUTER as an external hard drive. Just use Explorer to copy the .MOD files and renamed the files with the .MPG extension. Then Videowave will be able to use the files. Hope you know hexidecimal math. lol That's how the files are numbered. Explorer and Media Manager do not sort these files correctly.

Hi Gary:

Thank you so much for your valuable reply.

This is the closest I have come to downloading my JVC pictures into Media Creator and having a somewhat understanding that it might be possible.

But at the moment I am temporary stuck.

As perhaps you can tell, I am not a whiz at computers, only fair.

I installed my JVC camera to the computer. And clicked on MY COMPUTER, and see INVERIO HD lit up.

I double click the INVERIO HD, and enter. I find the the SD-VIDEO Folder, and enter.

Then the PRG001 file, and find the movie clips (MOV-001, etc. etc. etc) (If I choose to view these clips, I can with Windows Media Player, and they are fine)

The icon on the MOV-001 etc, etc, shows the file as MPEG.

Thats's where I get lost........for me, very easy !!!!

How do I go about nameing them or changing them to .MPG extensions????? so they will open in Videowave????

I have tried to open each one in using Videowave to play the clip, instead of Windows Media Player. And as you probably know that doesn't happen.

And then I open up VideoWave 9, and attemp to Add Photo/Video from the folder where the movie clips are on my desktop. Of course all I get is "There are no media files that match the filer settings......etc"

How and where do I initiate the process of changing the movie clips to the .MPG extension???

That's where I am having my trouble.

Thank you so very much for your patience in providing information to us less forturnate out here (computer savvy!!)

Any help is appreciated.

Again, Thanks

Bill

Hello Everyone !!!

Just a note of gratitude to all of you on my problem (although mabye small to you experts), was monumental to me.

You guys really are great...and now I understand the importance of the Roxio Community Help....Great source and Great knowledge !!!!.

I have been able to follow all of the instructions from each of you, and convert my media/video from my JVC Camera and view as well as use Roxio to make changes, etc to the recorded video.

I gave up on the new JVC camera sometime ago, and used only my HP R927 Photosmart, which has worked great with Roxio. So I assumed the JVC was inoperatable with Roxio, and could only be used in conjuction with CyberLink, which I bought sometime ago, to do editing etc. to my recorded media.

I almost threw it away!!! Thank God I didn't, it a good camera.

On the serious side...Thank All of You.

I think now I will go ahead and upgrage to Roxio Easy Media Creator 10....since I have a better feel for the software/understanding.

Sincerely appreciative

Bill

Archived