Printing Different, Custom Size Photos On Single Page

afret

Question

Example:

I select 4 different photos for printing. I want to custom size them to 1.7"x1.7" and then print all 4 on one 4x6 sheet of photo paper. EMC 9 Deluxe Suite can only print one custom size photo per page. The FREE software from Adobe, HP, etc. can print all 4 on one sheet. EMC 9 needs this capability. Right now, multiple photo printing is only available in template sizes. Custom sizing/printing of multiple, diferent photos is not possible. Anybody have a workaround?

5 answers to this question

Hi,

I am not sure if you tried this yet: Go to Start > All Programs > Roxio > My Media > Media Manager. Once in Media Manager, click on the Print icon (or File > Print). This opens a Print window from which you can access all of your pictures to bring them in to print. On the left side there are Categories (5 or 6) and templates (over 50 -- click on More Templates at the bottom of the drop down menu in Templates, under Category) to choose from. You may find one that works for you there. I find EMC's print capabilities to be just as flexible, if not more so, than many of the others (free and not). Hope this helps.

~karri

Hi back Karri,

The EMC templates do not provide a "Custom Sizing" capability to set your own photo dimensions. Templates seldom meet my requirements. The FREE softwares I referenced do provide custom sizing of multiple, different photos for printing on a single page. Thanks for your input.

Frank

Hi back Karri,

The EMC templates do not provide a "Custom Sizing" capability to set your own photo dimensions. Templates seldom meet my requirements. The FREE softwares I referenced do provide custom sizing of multiple, different photos for printing on a single page. Thanks for your input.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Sorry ... I read your post too quickly. Yes how weird is that, no custom sizing? I do my photo work in PS Elements, but love EMC and find so much to do in it, even printing photos. In any event, I imagine a workaround would be to subtract 1.7-inch photos from the 4-inch paper width and then allow for gutter and margins.

I changed the inches to cm to do the math.

So, 1.7 inch photos = 4.3 cm and 4 inch paper = 10.2 cm.

So,

10.2 cm = paper

8.6 cm = photos (1.7" x 2 = 3.4" or 8.6 cm)

.7 cm = margins (3.5 x 2)

.9 cm = gutter or "Spacing" (10.2 - 8.6 = 1.6 - .7 = .9)

So, from Media Manager > Print Settings,

Paper Settings: "Photo 4 x 6" for size and "Portrait" orientation

Layout Settings: "As A Contact Sheet"

"Rows 2" and "Columns 2"

Spacing = 0.9. and Units = cm

To check my math, I tried it and I was able to print out four 4.3-cm (1.7-inch) photos on one 4x6 photo paper. I hope this can help.

Hi Frank,

Sorry ... I read your post too quickly. Yes how weird is that, no custom sizing? I do my photo work in PS Elements, but love EMC and find so much to do in it, even printing photos. In any event, I imagine a workaround would be to subtract 1.7-inch photos from the 4-inch paper width and then allow for gutter and margins.

I changed the inches to cm to do the math.

So, 1.7 inch photos = 4.3 cm and 4 inch paper = 10.2 cm.

So,

10.2 cm = paper

8.6 cm = photos (1.7" x 2 = 3.4" or 8.6 cm)

.7 cm = margins (3.5 x 2)

.9 cm = gutter or "Spacing" (10.2 - 8.6 = 1.6 - .7 = .9)

So, from Media Manager > Print Settings,

Paper Settings: "Photo 4 x 6" for size and "Portrait" orientation

Layout Settings: "As A Contact Sheet"

"Rows 2" and "Columns 2"

Spacing = 0.9. and Units = cm

To check my math, I tried it and I was able to print out four 4.3-cm (1.7-inch) photos on one 4x6 photo paper. I hope this can help.

Karri,

Thanks for your concern and diligence. I came up with the same workaround; but, if Adobe and HP can provide custom sizing of multiple photos for free, then I would hope Roxio can add a software algorithm to EMC to provide the capability. It would make things less labor intensive and give us more bang for our bucks.

Frank

Karri,

Thanks for your concern and diligence. I came up with the same workaround; but, if Adobe and HP can provide custom sizing of multiple photos for free, then I would hope Roxio can add a software algorithm to EMC to provide the capability. It would make things less labor intensive and give us more bang for our bucks.

Frank

I agree Frank. It seems odd, because EMC seems to include everything else. Although I have to say, overall, I have gotten more bang for my Roxio bucks than I ever would have imagined.

Good luck in your project :)

karri

Hi,

I am not sure if you tried this yet: Go to Start > All Programs > Roxio > My Media > Media Manager. Once in Media Manager, click on the Print icon (or File > Print). This opens a Print window from which you can access all of your pictures to bring them in to print. On the left side there are Categories (5 or 6) and templates (over 50 -- click on More Templates at the bottom of the drop down menu in Templates, under Category) to choose from. You may find one that works for you there. I find EMC's print capabilities to be just as flexible, if not more so, than many of the others (free and not). Hope this helps.

~karri

Archived