• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Supported drives for Roxio 5x?

jes

Hi,

I have Roxio ver. 5.3.4.57. I have a USB external CD/DVD RW drive: Sony DRU-510A (This is what comes up from device manager. The model number on the back is actually Sony DRX-510UL). I'm running Windows XP with SP 2.

When I try to write a DVD using Roxio, I get the message:

No supported DVD-Recorders were detected on your system.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Jes

Hi,

I have Roxio ver. 5.3.4.57. I have a USB external CD/DVD RW drive: Sony DRU-510A (This is what comes up from device manager. The model number on the back is actually Sony DRX-510UL). I'm running Windows XP with SP 2.

When I try to write a DVD using Roxio, I get the message:

No supported DVD-Recorders were detected on your system.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Jes

First, check to make certain that Windows recognizes the burner under My Computer. If it doesn't, try plugging it into another USB port. Some need a powered USB 2.0 port which is usually located on the back of the computer.

If Windows recognizes the drive, try downloading and installing the Easy CD/DVD Creator Drive Update under Support on this website.

If that doesn't work, you may have to use the Record Now program that comes with the burner to burn DVDs.

Hi folks,

The Sony DRU-510A was first recognized by version 5.3.5.10h, so to get recognition for that drive you will first need to download and install the Version 5.3.5.10 updater available from the Software Updates page on the Roxio.com support site, and then get and install the Drive Updater patch to 5.3.5v which is on the same page.

That should get you going.

Regards,

Brendon

First, check to make certain that Windows recognizes the burner under My Computer. If it doesn't, try plugging it into another USB port. Some need a powered USB 2.0 port which is usually located on the back of the computer.

If Windows recognizes the drive, try downloading and installing the Easy CD/DVD Creator Drive Update under Support on this website.

If that doesn't work, you may have to use the Record Now program that comes with the burner to burn DVDs.

Thanks. Windows recognizes the burner under My Computer. It turned out I could install a couple drive updates (now I'm up to 5.3.5.10v). And that seemed to do it for now. Thanks for your help.

Archived