• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Won't Stop Installing!

idhToronto

Question

18 answers to this question

I am running Windows Vista on an HP AMD dual core. I have tried the clean install, following all instructions, eleven times now. It is still not function properly. It still tries to do a continous loop of installing. I am at my wit's end. I tried to uninstall and re-install EMC 9. Then I began experiencing problems with EMC 9. So I did one several more clean installs of EMC 10. THe EMC 10 Creator Center finally started, and after cancelling the continuous installation I was able to use some functions and not others. Has anyone found a work-around?

Did you see my initial reply to the original post?

Did you see my initial reply to the original post?

I have not yet followed those instructions for EMC9. I have tried all of the instructions for installing EMC10 numerous times. When I removed EMC10 and tried to re-install EMC9 I did a clean install, but I didn't set up the Roxio Administrator account to do the installation. I just tried the clean install. Everything seemed to install correctly with the exception of the "Home" function which brings everything up together. I have been wondering if I could now install EMC9 under EMC10 to see if I could use some of the functions in that suite that I'm not able to use in EMC10.

ok, I have installed/re-installed (about 6 times now) following all the instructions contained within this thread (registry edits, roxio accounts, etc...) and the pinned thread to stop all services. I used the windows clean-up tool to make sure everything is removed. I am still having the same problem as I did with the first installation. After about five minutes of "gathering information", I am presented with the home page.

I am running vista x64 home premium, 4 gigs ram, intel e6600 on a BDX2 MB. I have a pioneer dvr 111 and a samsung sh183 drive installed.

After the EMC 10 home page finally "loads", I tried to use music disc creator. It would not recognize all of my mp3 files as a legitimate format.

Anymore suggestions???????

There is no 'Roxio Administrator' account on any computer - what you are advised to do is to make sure that you have full administrator privileges (in Windows) before installing

One set of instructions that I followed advised to set up a Roxio account with administrative privileges to do the installation if all else failed. I always run the installation as administrator.

I am running Windows Vista on an HP AMD dual core. I have tried the clean install, following all instructions, eleven times now. It is still not function properly. It still tries to do a continous loop of installing. I am at my wit's end. I tried to uninstall and re-install EMC 9. Then I began experiencing problems with EMC 9. So I did one several more clean installs of EMC 10. THe EMC 10 Creator Center finally started, and after cancelling the continuous installation I was able to use some functions and not others. Has anyone found a work-around?

ok, I have installed/re-installed (about 6 times now) following all the instructions contained within this thread (registry edits, roxio accounts, etc...) and the pinned thread to stop all services. I used the windows clean-up tool to make sure everything is removed. I am still having the same problem as I did with the first installation. After about five minutes of "gathering information", I am presented with the home page.

I am running vista x64 home premium, 4 gigs ram, intel e6600 on a BDX2 MB. I have a pioneer dvr 111 and a samsung sh183 drive installed.

After the EMC 10 home page finally "loads", I tried to use music disc creator. It would not recognize all of my mp3 files as a legitimate format.

Anymore suggestions???????

Don't know why, but on some machines there must be some undiscoverable conflict between EMC 10 and the existing software loaded on the machines. It is unusual, but it does happen as I have seen in the past with a few other products from other companies.

In my case I tried all of the above and more (I am not a computer neophyte). Finally tried a bare metal install of just Vista Home Premium. Still no luck. Finally just gave up and received a refund.

Maybe in a few months some of these issues will become better understood, at which time I may try again.

Basically all that was was to tell someonme to set up a new account with administrative privileges and see if that worked - it's not a 'Roxio' account per se - just an admin account

I realize that; it gave me a machine with two administrative accounts. However, nothing so far has worked. completely removed EMC10 and tried to re-install EMC9. Now I am receiving an error message that my CD key is not valid. So I tried to install just My DVD 9 Premium, and it does the same thing. It seems to install properly, then when I try to use any application it starts the installation loop again.

I think I am giving up on this issue. I have spent way too many hours trying to resolve this issue. Even after removing everything using instructions on this site, I now receive an error message on each boot telling me there is a Sonic driver which is conflicting. It is a driver used by EMC9 which I have completely (or evidently not completely) removed from my system.

Archived