Launching Applications From Home|Applications

aseibert

Question

10 answers to this question

The SlideShow Assistant launches and I'm able to select photos. I can't use the preview or save the project, as the screen hangs at the preview and goes not further.

Looking at the problems you have had, you need to do a "clean install".

Also, list your system specs, similar to how I have mine listed in my signature. Your video card may be your problem.

There is no "bug" regarding having to click twice on an application to open it. I tried just about every application in my EMC 10 and it opened with just a single click.

How do you have your mouse options set. Open up the Control Panel and check your Mouse settings as a check.

Frank...

After the splash screen comes up do you have a DVD in your DVD drive ? Do you have your options set for CinePlayer to be your default player ? If you have it set for some other player (I have mine set for the "Power DVD" player, so mine wont open in Cineplayer unless I tell it to) If you have a DVD in your DVD drive use the browse button and let Cineplayer know to go that particular drive.

Frank...

There is no "bug" regarding having to click twice on an application to open it. I tried just about every application in my EMC 10 and it opened with just a single click.

How do you have your mouse options set. Open up the Control Panel and check your Mouse settings as a check.

Frank...

I also have the requirement for a second click. It seems sometimes that you have to hover over an application loger than in previous versions before you click. Yes, I have my mouse set properly.

I'm not sure it could be termed a "bug"; maybe that is the way it was designed. I guess I have to unlearn the single click method.

BTW, XP rather than Vista.

After the splash screen comes up do you have a DVD in your DVD drive ? Do you have your options set for CinePlayer to be your default player ? If you have it set for some other player (I have mine set for the "Power DVD" player, so mine wont open in Cineplayer unless I tell it to) If you have a DVD in your DVD drive use the browse button and let Cineplayer know to go that particular drive.

Frank...

Obviously the OP either has CinePlayer set as default or is opening it from the Home menu. The problem, as I understand it, is once it opens, it does nothing. It hangs on the splash screen. CinePlayer should not need a CD or DVD in the drive in order to go to the second screen. I know one other poster had the same problem but I don't remember if that was resolved.

Are you running XP or Vista? Did you have a previous version of EMC or CinePlayer on your computer? This is such a new program that there is not a lot of experience. I had both V9 and V10 beta on my computer and CinePlayer from 9 kept opening when I used the Home menu from V10.

Have you tried to open and run CinePlayer (from 10) by going through the Windows.Start> Programs path? Do you get to the second screen then?

Sometimes when an anti-virus program is running when programs are installed, not everything get put into the registry properly. No accusation here, just a comment. Is everything else working correctly to the best of your knowledge? You might want to try an installation repair after you have cleaned your hard drive of any malware and defragged it. Do the repair install with the anti-virus off.

EDIT: From all your posts, it seems like you are having problems with almost everything. As grandpabruce suggested in another post, please post your computer specs. You may have to do a clean uninstall/reinstall. Now I'll ask if you installed to a clean computer with a defragged hard drive with your anot-virus off.

I also have the requirement for a second click. It seems sometimes that you have to hover over an application loger than in previous versions before you click. Yes, I have my mouse set properly.

I'm not sure it could be termed a "bug"; maybe that is the way it was designed. I guess I have to unlearn the single click method.

BTW, XP rather than Vista.

There is an option in XP and Vista to set your mouse to a single or double click.

Frank...

Archived