• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

VideoWave Does Not Run

aseibert

Question

11 answers to this question

OK... Here's the deal.

Videowave would not run, and it was due to a .dll file that wa snot on my computer. It seems that it is a DirectX file, and it is reportedly not always on your computer.

Once you download it, and stick it in Windows/System32 directory, you are off to the races.

The error message in Vista Error reporting will show it has to do with module d3dx9_33.dll (My system had _27 and thatrs it)

You can get it from here> http://www.m3fe.com/files/d3dx9_33.zip

It is safe and will solve the issue if you are having the same videowave issues I am having and the other person had.

Just download it, unzip it and put it in your Windows>Systen32 directory and you are good to go.

Hope I helped someone out.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks. I downloaded d3dx9_33.zip and VideoWave works.

Best Regards,

Al

An alternative is simply to install the latest DirectX 9 update. These are issued every two months and are cumulative, so you only need the latest one. (d3dx9_33.dll was part of the April update, which is what is included in the EMC 10 DX9 package).

The current (August 2007) update is available from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...ylang=en&tm

The next one should be in October.

I am havng this same problem... However there is an error message that says a file is missing and to reinstall the program which I am doing.

Also, the program stil gives an eror on exit and the culprit is CDDBui.dll.... this is the same issue I had with 9 which I totally uninstalled and here it is again!

OK... Here's the deal.

Videowave would not run, and it was due to a .dll file that wa snot on my computer. It seems that it is a DirectX file, and it is reportedly not always on your computer.

Once you download it, and stick it in Windows/System32 directory, you are off to the races.

The error message in Vista Error reporting will show it has to do with module d3dx9_33.dll (My system had _27 and thatrs it)

It is safe and will solve the issue if you are having the same videowave issues I am having and the other person had.

Just download it, unzip it and put it in your Windows>Systen32 directory and you are good to go.

Mike

I saw an error message about the file missing when launching Videowave standalone (via Icon)... When launching through launcher, it just crashed.

I don't know why this file wasn't on my computer, or whatnot... maybe it needs to be included with Roxio.. In any case, I am glad the fix was easy and hope this will save people time.

Mike

i downloaded the d3dx9_33.dll

but then you said to unzip it and stick it in windows/system32.

can you tell me exactly how to do that???

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

OK... Here's the deal.

Mike

Archived