1:00 Frustration

asr2k

Question

Hi all,

I am trying to import DVD video directly from a DVD made form my Samsung handheld DVD camcorder. Unfortunately, every file imported stops @ 1:00 even though there is 30 minutes of video on each DVD. What gives? I would appreciate any insight, or to point me to a similar thread on this forum. Thnaks in advance.

14 answers to this question

ARS2K

I use VIDEO REDO and they have their own website.

This is a FILE EDITOR and not a movie maker/editor such as Roxio. What I like about it is simply, I cut and paste the folder from the Camera, directly to a Folder on my computer. Takes seconds. I then use Video Redo to Open the Movie file (usually a vso file) and I am able to edit the crap I do not want, cut it out etc and then even if I have NOT edited anything from the file, I then save it with a name. Now it is a MPEG file and easily loaded into Roxio or whatever. Unfortunately it is a very inexpensive software utility but stops short of allowing me to adjust chroma, Brightness, color etc. Still waiting for a Video File Editor that will allow as much freedom in editing a Video file as what is out there for audio files. I have also used this program to JOIN two very large VSO files to create ONE continous movie and if it is too big to copy to a standard DVD, I then use 1click DVD (another program which has some neat auto stuff) to compress it to a single DVD or copy to a DL. I did this with my daughter's Baby shower, I joined several video files together from the Camera DVDs, used Roxio to make a movie, add text, add music and my voice over and then when I was all set I saved it to a Master DL DVD. I was then able to use my 1click to burn to DVD copies from the Master and compress it. I used 35% compression ( automatically selected by the software) and it wasn't even noticeable. Using Compression is different from bytes per second such as 5 meg bps, or 2 meg bps etc. that Roxio and other software will save the movie project to. I have selected a lesser bytes per second and saw a very bad video and washed out color etc. Where 1click came in handy was, Roxio woulld only allow me to make multiple DL Copies of the DVD but gave me no good option to compress and save a 5.9gb File on a 4.7 gb DVD. When you use compression such as the 1click dvd program uses, the color is perfect and the video is crisp and clear. My daughters video was a 5.9 gb movie after i used Roxio to insert videos, still photos, transistions etc, it came out SUPER.

I don't think it is fobah to tell you this, for these programs enhance what you are doing with Roxio and they are extra tools to make the projects even better.

Come on Roxio, great chance to introduce a new feature or a new utility program. Produce a Utility program where I can convert from all Video formats to a format of my choIce. Allow me to be able to edit, join or seperate the video file. Allow me to adjust color, brightness, chroma, saturation, contrast, volume, etc etc.

Good Luck and have fun

:)

ARS2K

I use VIDEO REDO and they have their own website.

This is a FILE EDITOR and not a movie maker/editor such as Roxio. What I like about it is simply, I cut and paste the folder from the Camera, directly to a Folder on my computer. Takes seconds. I then use Video Redo to Open the Movie file (usually a vso file) and I am able to edit the crap I do not want, cut it out etc and then even if I have NOT edited anything from the file, I then save it with a name. Now it is a MPEG file and easily loaded into Roxio or whatever. Unfortunately it is a very inexpensive software utility but stops short of allowing me to adjust chroma, Brightness, color etc. Still waiting for a Video File Editor that will allow as much freedom in editing a Video file as what is out there for audio files. I have also used this program to JOIN two very large VSO files to create ONE continous movie and if it is too big to copy to a standard DVD, I then use 1click DVD (another program which has some neat auto stuff) to compress it to a single DVD or copy to a DL. I did this with my daughter's Baby shower, I joined several video files together from the Camera DVDs, used Roxio to make a movie, add text, add music and my voice over and then when I was all set I saved it to a Master DL DVD. I was then able to use my 1click to burn to DVD copies from the Master and compress it. I used 35% compression ( automatically selected by the software) and it wasn't even noticeable. Using Compression is different from bytes per second such as 5 meg bps, or 2 meg bps etc. that Roxio and other software will save the movie project to. I have selected a lesser bytes per second and saw a very bad video and washed out color etc. Where 1click came in handy was, Roxio woulld only allow me to make multiple DL Copies of the DVD but gave me no good option to compress and save a 5.9gb File on a 4.7 gb DVD. When you use compression such as the 1click dvd program uses, the color is perfect and the video is crisp and clear. My daughters video was a 5.9 gb movie after i used Roxio to insert videos, still photos, transistions etc, it came out SUPER.

I don't think it is fobah to tell you this, for these programs enhance what you are doing with Roxio and they are extra tools to make the projects even better.

Come on Roxio, great chance to introduce a new feature or a new utility program. Produce a Utility program where I can convert from all Video formats to a format of my choIce. Allow me to be able to edit, join or seperate the video file. Allow me to adjust color, brightness, chroma, saturation, contrast, volume, etc etc.

Good Luck and have fun

:)

What are VSO files, I have never heard of them? Or is it a typo and you meant VOB?

What are VSO files, I have never heard of them? Or is it a typo and you meant VOB?

I am not at home and it could be a VSO Folder with VOB files inside, don't remember. I just know that when I use Video Redo, it reads the folder and the files, in perfect order. I then select "save as" on the video redo menu bar, select a location and save it as an mpeg file there. Now it is easy to work with and I am able to use it directly with Roxio. ( I am not a computer programmer, I use software to accomplish tasks and have been for too long and am easily confused, I am still buried in Windows 3.1 somewhere with File manager)

Thanks for the relpy. I have finalized each DVD, and the problme still exists.

If that camcorder records to miniDVD's, there is no reason to try to capture them. Just copy them to your hard drive, and if your desire is to edit the files, open VideoWave, and you can add the .VOB files, from the disc, directly.

If that camcorder records to miniDVD's, there is no reason to try to capture them. Just copy them to your hard drive, and if your desire is to edit the files, open VideoWave, and you can add the .VOB files, from the disc, directly.

Son of a gun..... Was Roxio always able to open VOB files? It seems I tried once (before I purchased VRD and it didn't see the files) I have had VRD for some time now and have multi versions of Roxio and have just not tried for a quite a while.

Can you do frame by frame editing of the vob file, with Roxio? Join?

:unsure:

Son of a gun..... Was Roxio always able to open VOB files? It seems I tried once (before I purchased VRD and it didn't see the files) I have had VRD for some time now and have multi versions of Roxio and have just not tried for a quite a while.

Can you do frame by frame editing of the vob file, with Roxio? Join?

:unsure:

You can trim out the video, any way you want it. I use frame advance, but I am not sure how close you can cut the frames, with respect to each other.

Joining them is seamless.

Version 9 is the first product that can bring in .VOB files, directly.

WoW!

I am impressed, I have features in Ver 9, I was not even aware of. I will have to run some comparisons to Video Redo to see if I have some redundant software.

I knew I had tried before and TRUST ME, I would not fork out money for software, unless I had tried everything else first.

Wait.....when you say ADD, can I use Videowave to just convert vob to mpeg andf keep the file as a file and not as a PROJECT? VRD allows me to work with JUST the FILE as a FILE and save as JUST a FILE.

WoW!

I am impressed, I have features in Ver 9, I was not even aware of. I will have to run some comparisons to Video Redo to see if I have some redundant software.

I knew I had tried before and TRUST ME, I would not fork out money for software, unless I had tried everything else first.

Wait.....when you say ADD, can I use Videowave to just convert vob to mpeg andf keep the file as a file and not as a PROJECT? VRD allows me to work with JUST the FILE as a FILE and save as JUST a FILE.

Most of the time, it will work, and trimming out portions of an .mpeg file is a lot faster, using VideoRedo, then using VideoWave.

Hi all,

I am trying to import DVD video directly from a DVD made form my Samsung handheld DVD camcorder. Unfortunately, every file imported stops @ 1:00 even though there is 30 minutes of video on each DVD. What gives? I would appreciate any insight, or to point me to a similar thread on this forum. Thnaks in advance.

Do you have any Video editing software?

I ask, because I prefer NOT to copy in real time, takes too long and the quality seems to lack. I copy the files into a Video Capture Folder, directly from the camera DVD using WINDOWS EXPLORER and then I use different software to edit it and save it as an MPEG file.

I can have completey done in less time it takes to just copy in real time.

You need a Video editor that will read vso files. There are several online that are inexpensive and work great.

Thanks for the feedback.

This may be a classic forum fopah, but what video software do you use? I am not looking to do anything super fancy with my video. I just want to clean it up a little bit. I am looking for something cheap and easy to use. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Archived