• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Classic Creator, Easy Media Creator 9.1

RHG

Question

14 answers to this question

Since I have started this mess, my roxio is 9.1 recently purchased not OEM. I did another restore and reinstalled roxio 9.1 without an antivirus or any other programs other than what came with the machine along with the update from microsoft. Roxio Classic Creator always creases to operate and vista checks for a fix. Roxio has put me through a clean install, which did not work, had me creator a new user, which did not work along with other attempts. They then chose to ignore my problem until I started another ticket and was told to do a clean install. That is why I restored my computer. Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem?????

You have a ticket open, follow-up with it!!!

This program was functioning correctly before. I believe that a Microsoft update caused this program to cease to operate. Roxio has put me though all the steps but the classic creator stops working. Help please.

:blink: Please note that I had the same problem with this program, to be more specific, with the easy media creator V.9 , I bought the computer with this system already installed, it worked one week, and now it´s showing the message that the program stopped due a problem and that windows was going to try to find a solution for it. I removed all the files from my computer and installed again ( 3 times) but without success. My doubt is, how can I solve this problem ? is there any special procedure to unlock the program ? Thanks

An update to my posting yesterday. I sent an e-mail to Roxio support. I received a response today. Here is what it said:

"Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

We cannot support OEM versions of the software. You will need to contact HP for support on this issue.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support"

It appears that Roxio will not make any attempt to help me. And after reading many postings regarding the same or similar problem, I have decided to no longer use or purchase any Roxio products. In addition, I will advise anyone who asks not to use Roxio products. I am going to purchase a new product off the shelf.

An update to my posting yesterday. I sent an e-mail to Roxio support. I received a response today. Here is what it said:

We cannot support OEM versions of the software. You will need to contact HP for support on this issue.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support"

It appears that Roxio will not make any attempt to help me. And after reading many postings regarding the same or similar problem, I have decided to no longer use or purchase any Roxio products. In addition, I will advise anyone who asks not to use Roxio products. I am going to purchase a new product off the shelf.

All support for OEM versions of Roxio comes from the supplier of the software (in your case HP).

Read this http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000036GN

Good Advice - not in this lifetime. Take a look at tickets 441223 and 448890. All steps have been followed and the program still does not work. That is why I asked for help. I even did more than they asked for by reformatting my hard drive and starting over. It is not the computer but the software. It is funny that as a long time Roxio user I have never had this problem in the past but when I try Nero it works fine. I am wondering if anyone can help me not tell me "that I have a ticket open follow-up with it". This problem started on I believe on 29 August 2007 and still has not been solved. Roxio ignored ticket 441223 when the problem could not be resolved and I started a new ticket 448890. In the later ticket they had me try the same things that I tried in the first. I hope this clarifies your advice on the ticket.

Just out of interest, did your machine (and the 'restore' system) have the HP OEM version of EMC9 on it?

If it did, it has to be completely removed before installing 9 retail. I know it's a pain, but unfortunately, it has to be done

I'm not sure which poster this question is directed. The thread referenced here has the complete history of the problem and attempts at fixes.

Briefly, this is a download version of EMC9.0 updated to v9.1. System restore is turned off, Roxio services are set to manual, all drivers downloaded from manufacturer web sites, EMC9 installed on a freshly reformatted hard disk (WinXP Pro) with AV disabled. Problem occurs with 2 different video cards (ATi X800, X1950).

Lance

Since I have started this mess, my roxio is 9.1 recently purchased not OEM. I did another restore and reinstalled roxio 9.1 without an antivirus or any other programs other than what came with the machine along with the update from microsoft. Roxio Classic Creator always creases to operate and vista checks for a fix. Roxio has put me through a clean install, which did not work, had me creator a new user, which did not work along with other attempts. They then chose to ignore my problem until I started another ticket and was told to do a clean install. That is why I restored my computer. Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem?????

My problem is similar to yours and I don't have a fix, but a workaround that may work for you. Refer to post #6 in this thread.

FWIW, one user with the same problem has stated that CC v10 works fine.

Lance

Just out of interest, did your machine (and the 'restore' system) have the HP OEM version of EMC9 on it?

If it did, it has to be completely removed before installing 9 retail. I know it's a pain, but unfortunately, it has to be done

I am not a Roxio employee so your tickets are not accessible to me.

I do not have Vista so I cannot really offer any troubleshooting advice.

So basically I can be of little help to you and I apologize for that. But the advice to follow-up on tickets submitted is sound advice. If you don't, support can only assume that it was fixed!

One thing I did note was that you said you reformatted your HD. Did you also install chipset drivers and get all the hardware drivers installed and working?

Do you have the latest in the way of Video Drivers for your card and DirectX. These 2 items alone account for 80%+ of the problems like yours.

And to recap, you are running a Retail version and not an OEM. I hope this will attract some of you Vista/HP Gurus into the thread.

I also have a similar problem. I just purchased a new HP computer with Vista (32 bit). It came with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9. Every time I attempt to do a disk copy, Roxio freezes up (not Responding). Specifically, at the point that I am prompted to insert the original disk, then I click the red button to continue, that's when the freeze occurs. I also get a box that says Windows is attempting to find a solution to the problem. I never see a solution, though.

This program was functioning correctly before. I believe that a Microsoft update caused this program to cease to operate. Roxio has put me though all the steps but the classic creator stops working. Help please.

If you would tell us what those steps are that you've been put through, we'll have a better idea of where to start. Have you done a clean uninstall and reinstall of the program? What version of Windows are you running?

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support"

When a company like HP provides an OEM version of software, they typically also agree to support it. Did you contact HP about your issues? If so, what was their response?

If you purchase a full version of EMC, 1) you'll get more features than with your OEM version, and 2) you'll be entitled to support from Roxio instead of HP.

Not necessarily what you want to hear, I'm sure, but you're complaint isn't particularly justified.

I have done and clean and install plus I reformatted my hard drive and returned it to factory specifications. The clean and install was done after I reported the problem to Roxio. I am running windows Vista. What really happens is that when I go into Classic Creators to copy files out of my documents, some times I can add a file or two before the program no longer responds. I have tried to take most of the documents out of my documents and put them in one at a time. For a period of time this will work but then the next time I start the program and try to switch between folders the program does not respond. Roxio also had me create a new user. The program then worked fine until I rebooted the system and it did the same as before. I hope this help.

Archived