Windows is crashing

susan_6

Question

5 answers to this question

Looking at your RAM, it would seem that you have an onboard graphics chipset rather than a dedicated card (958 MB is a strange number - I'd expect to see 1024)

It looks like there is only 66 MB available for graphics (but I'm assuming a typo here because normally the allocated RAM is in multiples of 2 which would be 64 MB)

In any case, because of the graphics requirement of EMC9 and 10, 64 MB is nowhere near enough, even with a dedicated card - with an onboard chipset it just won't be able to manage video work

:angry: Every time I run emc10, Windows will shut down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled program several times and still have the same problem. It doesn't matter which app I am using. :angry:

HP Pavillion

Vista Utimate

32bit

AMD Turion Mobile Technology

TL 56 1.80 GHz

958 MB

Wow, that got to be frustrating. :( Is that a brand new computer? Do you have any other similar software on it? Perhaps an earlier version of EMC or something that came with the laptop? Perhaps there is a conflict with that other program. I'm not sure what to suggest other than to do a complete uninstall of all the similar programs and see if that will solve the problem. I'm afraid that you might have to do another complete uninstall of V10 after you have cleaned your hard drive of any possible malware, defragged your hard drive and shut down your anti-virus for the installation.

Please reply with more information and let us know if you are making any progress.

That computer is on the light side for Vista Ultimate plus EMC 10. Make sure you have nothing else running when you are working with V10. (like e-mail, browsers, etc.)

Wow, that got to be frustrating. :( Is that a brand new computer? Do you have any other similar software on it? Perhaps an earlier version of EMC or something that came with the laptop? Perhaps there is a conflict with that other program. I'm not sure what to suggest other than to do a complete uninstall of all the similar programs and see if that will solve the problem. I'm afraid that you might have to do another complete uninstall of V10 after you have cleaned your hard drive of any possible malware, defragged your hard drive and shut down your anti-virus for the installation.

Please reply with more information and let us know if you are making any progress.

That computer is on the light side for Vista Ultimate plus EMC 10. Make sure you have nothing else running when you are working with V10. (like e-mail, browsers, etc.)

Hi, yes this is a brand new computer. I did uninstall all previous versions of EMC. That didn't help. I have found out that I have to stop all other programs from running and that helped some. Now I am having trouble with other programs causing the same problem. I am at a point to where I don't know what to do. :unsure:

Hi, yes this is a brand new computer. I did uninstall all previous versions of EMC. That didn't help. I have found out that I have to stop all other programs from running and that helped some. Now I am having trouble with other programs causing the same problem. I am at a point to where I don't know what to do. :unsure:

Since the computer is new, go back to HP and tell them what the problem is and see if they can offer any help. If you can afford it and your computer will accept it, I'd add about 1G more of memory.

I don't have Vista so I don't know how it handles things like page files and virtual memory. In XP, adjusting these would help the computer perform better. Perhaps someone familiar with those aspects in Vista will reply. :)

Since the computer is new, go back to HP and tell them what the problem is and see if they can offer any help. If you can afford it and your computer will accept it, I'd add about 1G more of memory.

I don't have Vista so I don't know how it handles things like page files and virtual memory. In XP, adjusting these would help the computer perform better. Perhaps someone familiar with those aspects in Vista will reply. :)

Thanks for the advice. I have been trying to contact HP to see if they can help. :mellow:

Archived