• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD doesn't close

hickory

Question

I create a video with VideoWave and then open MyDVD Express to burn a DVD. When done, I close MyDVD Express with "OK" and also normally close VideoWave. However, when I shut down the PC, I get one or more occurrences of "Roxio Graph Notify Window" still running. I have to terminate each occurrence or wait for it to close itself before the PC will shut down. There are apparently as many of these as DVDs burned -- I have seen as many as a dozen copies of this program still running.

This seems to be the progress meter display in the Burn Project dialog.

How can I prevent this or is this another bug in Roxio?

Many thanks for your ideas.

4 answers to this question

Another Bug?

Lifespan of V8: from 10/05 to 9/06. It is currently 9/07 so you are about a year too late.

Try a Repair from Add/Remove Programs.

I just tried it with MyDVD and the problem did not occur. However, I don't think it happens every time with MyDVD Express. Alos, I want to create the DVD without a menu and therefore use MyDVD Express since it allows "DVD without mneus".

I create a video with VideoWave and then open MyDVD Express to burn a DVD. When done, I close MyDVD Express with "OK" and also normally close VideoWave. However, when I shut down the PC, I get one or more occurrences of "Roxio Graph Notify Window" still running. I have to terminate each occurrence or wait for it to close itself before the PC will shut down. There are apparently as many of these as DVDs burned -- I have seen as many as a dozen copies of this program still running.

Another Bug?

Lifespan of V8: from 10/05 to 9/06. It is currently 9/07 so you are about a year too late.

Try a Repair from Add/Remove Programs.

I just tried it with MyDVD and the problem did not occur. However, I don't think it happens every time with MyDVD Express. Alos, I want to create the DVD without a menu and therefore use MyDVD Express since it allows "DVD without mneus".

So does MyDVD; simply select that from the top menu file>new project. Run it for awhile and see if you get the error.

Do you get the same problem if you use the regular MyDVD?

Archived