• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows VISTA - Mount Rainier or not?

RonCam

Question

I'm not running Vista, so I can't check this out for myself: is there anyone here on the forum who has checked what a MRW (full Mount Rainier compatibility) drive will (or will not) do on a system running this OS? Is it the same, better, or worse than what the equivalent Roxio drivers would do for the same purpose?

Reason for question: I've only seen it reported in Wikipedia's Mount Rainier entry that Vista actually has, as a matter of fact, Mount Rainier support. Other Vista pre-release news items said it was coming, but I'm not counting these.

I asked at the Microsoft 'live chat' Vista tech support facility, and after writing a few lines, it was obvious that the person on the other end had no idea what Mount Rainier is. There is no reference in Vista's built-in Help to Mount Rainier, EasyWrite, or any terms that mean the same.

The only reference I can find is to UDF packet-writing (but not its Mount Rainier extension), which of course has been renamed by Microsoft to something else. Does Vista really fully support Mount Rainier firmware, in a compatible drive?

1 answer to this question

Archived