• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Jerky motion on playback

hunyadi50

Question

I burned HDV project created in Vegas 7e, rendered as Blu-Print 1080i, imported into Pro HD w/o transcoding, HQ CBR,& VBR (seperate tries), 1080i/29.97, added menues & chapter points. successfully created and burned to BD-RE, took it to Best Buy and Circuit City and would not play on Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, old and new players! These play in both of my Sony Vaio desktop and laptop with Blu-ray via Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra, however, when I pause playback, then advance one frame at a time, I get one frame fwd, next is one field back, one frame fwd, one field back,..... The selected rendered video file rendered in Vegas plays back smoothly with Real Player and Windows Media Player. I've successfully burned Blu ray discs before in Pro HD, but now have his problem. Currently I'm trying to produce a playable disc of same project by having all video and audio transcoded in Pro HD.

Any suggestions to give me hope for a good BD burn?

George :(

3 answers to this question

SO you might just have the source field order wrong. It's the source field order that matters not the target field order. If you cahnge the properties of the source filed order, does it fix it?

Yep, for some unknown reason the field was wrong. I changed it and it's now transcoding. Hoping this fixes the problem. I saved to volume also then burned, but no change. Thanks for the heads up.

I burned HDV project created in Vegas 7e, rendered as Blu-Print 1080i, imported into Pro HD w/o transcoding, HQ CBR,& VBR (seperate tries), 1080i/29.97, added menues & chapter points. successfully created and burned to BD-RE, took it to Best Buy and Circuit City and would not play on Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, old and new players! These play in both of my Sony Vaio desktop and laptop with Blu-ray via Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra, however, when I pause playback, then advance one frame at a time, I get one frame fwd, next is one field back, one frame fwd, one field back,..... The selected rendered video file rendered in Vegas plays back smoothly with Real Player and Windows Media Player. I've successfully burned Blu ray discs before in Pro HD, but now have his problem. Currently I'm trying to produce a playable disc of same project by having all video and audio transcoded in Pro HD.

Any suggestions to give me hope for a good BD burn?

George :(

Don't think Toshiba makes a Blu-ray player :D

Anyway, I would try burning to "volume" and see how Power DVD handles it from the hard drive.

I would try to play the disc on the PS3 as well...

Archived